Nintendo lets Japanese players mix and match their choice of Joy-Con colors in custom Switch bundle

daO9nAj.png

In the years following the Nintendo Switch's launch, which came with just two different Joy-Con color combinations, Nintendo has since released different Joy-Cons for every color of the rainbow. To get ahold of these colors, though, you'd need to buy them in pairs, usually with alternating colors. For prospective Switch buyers in Japan, that isn't the case, as Nintendo has an online bundle that allows users to customize what color Joy-Cons and straps they'd like to come with their Nintendo Switch system.

Called "Nintendo Switch Customize", this webpage on the Japanese Nintendo Store lets you, as the name suggests, customize your Nintendo Switch, to a degree. You get to pick your left and right Joy-Cons from 10 different options, such as neon red, blue, yellow, green, and other officially released colors, as well as seven different options for the attachable wrist-straps. Then, you choose what size of mirco SD you want bundled,--anywhere from 32GB to 512GB--what first-party games you'd like, an option to subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online, a carrying case, and a Switch Pro Controller.

The final option is whether or not you'd prefer the older version of the Nintendo Switch, or a newer one, with improved battery. Those that choose the older model are given a ¥3,000 voucher, which converts to about $30, for the Nintendo Store, to compensate.

Nintendo previously offered this service for Japanese customers in 2018 and 2019, though it was only available for a limited time, and quickly sold out.

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Locking multiplayer to joycons is what made me pass on Mario Party Switch. I've already got Mario Party for other systems which I own multiple controllers for, so there's just not much appeal there.
I just want a mario party game that gives me the thrills of 2 and 5. Oddly enough, Mario Party DS is a better MP game than this.

Reactions: x65943 and Xzi

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Locking multiplayer to joycons is what made me pass on Mario Party Switch. I've already got Mario Party for other systems which I own multiple controllers for, so there's just not much appeal there.
If you ever change your mind, it's a nice return to form and better than the last decade of Mario Party games

I really enjoyed it

Reactions: Xzi

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They need to release official joycon analog stick replacements for those that have drift and want to fix it rather than buy another set or gamble with aftermarket parts

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could send them in for repair for free in the U.S. iirc. But, CV shutdown the repair services, so...
Yeah, but Nintendo doesn't guarantee theyll replace your joycon with the same color. You also have to send them in for a long while. It's an easy fix, Id rather order the part, continue playing with drift until it comes, spend 30 minutes to fix it, and be done. But aftermarket joysticks aren't the same... I just want official Nintendo parts to repair the products I own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr