Gaming Nintendo Land would've been way better with Online Play

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The 2-5 player games are pretty good and addictive but when you don't have anyone to play them with you're just stuck to those which are single player unfortunately.

Really damn shame Nintendo didn't bother to include Online Play in Nintendo Land, Super Mario 3D World or other titles, but at least now they're actually featuring it!

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
for a moment I thought they were going to add online play in a future update

That'd be great if Nintendo did but it's an "old" game so they're not going to focus their time on it any more. Maybe for a re-release of it on the next Nintendo console they will but I'm not going to buy the next Nintendo console as soon as it comes out, I'll give it a year before picking it up or more.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who the fukk would wanna play Nintendo-Land online...?? :lol:
Go out and make real life friends. That's one of the main focuses of the Wii U anyway, and extends not only to Nintendo-Land itself but the Mario games themselves, MK8 included. Local multiplayer with friends and/or family, it's the new online baby....;)

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was online then you wouldn't really need a gamepad and it sort of defeats the whole purpose of the game and the console. At least that's what I think the games developers were thinking.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it was online then you wouldn't really need a gamepad and it sort of defeats the whole purpose of the game and the console. At least that's what I think the games developers were thinking.

Nintendo Land was developed first and foremost as a local multiplayer game, which shows the new possibilities of the Wii U. While that is a good thing, they could have added some form of online support for the game. The games themselves use the gamepad in varying ways, but the features could be done in online play just as well :)

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Land was developed first and foremost as a local multiplayer game, which shows the new possibilities of the Wii U. While that is a good thing, they could have added some form of online support for the game. The games themselves use the gamepad in varying ways, but the features could be done in online play just as well :)

Playing Nintendo Land online would be lame. If you are going to stay home and play video games by yourself instead of going out, at least it should be a better game, like Mario Kart 8. Nintendo Land is a casual game. It's easy enough to convince roommates, friends, family, to play with you. If you live alone and have no one willing to come to your house, your priorities should be fixing that situation, not playing Nintendo Land. Playing Smash Bros and Mario Kart online is essential, because it can be difficult to find other people of your similar skill level to play with locally. With Nintendo Land it isn't important to match up skill levels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free