Nintendo killing many games related Online Services for Wii & DS

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Customer firmware for router has no use in this situation. I don't know why Toad King brought it up in the first place.
Because a custom firmware router allows you to directly forward the packets from one connection to another computer on the network, for easy copying. Most stock firmwares do not allow this kind of control.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Because a custom firmware router allows you to directly forward the packets from one connection to another computer on the network, for easy copying. Most stock firmwares do not allow this kind of control.
Again, what exactly are you trying to do here?

If this is about using private server to substitute Nintendo server, what you need is private DNS server. Not custom firmware.

EDIT: I read your other post, I see what you are trying to do.

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Is there other ways besides custom firmware? Since my family won't let me tamper with our router...
By the way ,are MKWii and SSBB packets complete?

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the games that loose online functions not the systems they are played on.
Also, Local Online Play?

I don't mean to be rude but I knew that I was asking if we would be able to atleast keep multi player functionality but thank you for answering my question perhaps in the future we might be able to make our own homebrew network for the DS/Wii

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there other ways besides custom firmware? Since my family won't let me tamper with our router...
By the way ,are MKWii and SSBB packets complete?
Yeah. Logging from an emulator should work in theory, and it might be possible to set up a smartphone to log mobile hotspot communication. Either that or grab an old ethernet hub or managed switch and log it from there.

The logs I have from MKWii and SSBB right now only deal with simple stuff, like connecting and getting in a match. I don't have packets on stuff like friends, bans, friendcode generation, etc.

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yeah. Logging from an emulator should work in theory, and it might be possible to set up a smartphone to log mobile hotspot communication. Either that or grab an old ethernet hub or managed switch and log it from there.

The logs I have from MKWii and SSBB right now only deal with simple stuff, like connecting and getting in a match. I don't have packets on stuff like friends, bans, friendcode generation, etc.

I do have an Android smartphone, I think that may help. A program for Ripping packages please?

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what about friend codes? can I play games with wiispeak and friends codes? after May 20th

I find this kind of sad... but wii's online lack of microphone and games selection wasn't that great for online multiplayer

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
NOOOO!!!!!! I love playing Project M with the Wi-Fi safe code set. I really hope that custom servers will be made, but the online brawl community is huge, I'm sure it'll be difficult to maintain a good experience but I hope it can and will be done. I would help and donate for server costs.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn it, I was so close to finally finishing my dex in black 2... now what am I gonna do? :( There are still some entries that I am completely missing, and because of the way game freak coded the goddamn GTS, I can't even request them because I hadn't *SEEN* them yet. I only JUST NOW figured out how and was able to get the regi's... :(

Talk about being put on a goddamn time crunch.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stop the bus, Mario Kart Wii and SSBB online are being shutdown?!?! I play both of these, daily (well CTGP and Project M).

Nintendo reeeeeally wants people to buy a WiiU.
but the WiiU is backwards compatible with Wii, which was a major selling point, now they're killing wifi connectivity on those games, and I'm pissed. I feel like shipping Nintendo my Wii-u along with a big pile of $%!@.
Do they even care about their customers?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but the WiiU is backwards compatible with Wii, which was a major selling point, now they're killing wifi connectivity on those games, and I'm pissed. I feel like shipping Nintendo my Wii-u along with a big pile of $%!@.
Do they even care about their customers?
They stopped caring precisely when Iwata kicked Reggie off the CEO spot and let the xenophobe run both Nintendo of America and Japan.

The fact that Nintendo still has yet to get something out for WiiU that is a definitive system seller is inexcusable on their part, not us as gamers who are still waiting on them to produce.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV