Reactions: Chary

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You mean how Nintendo released a powerful, hard to develop for N64, then released the colossal failure that was the Gamecube which failed to impress because the PS2's time hasn't ran out yet, then released the highly-underperforming Wii (in comparison to the 360 and the PS3) and an even weaker DS (in comparison to the PSP) which for whatever reason sold?

Good job.

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You mean how Nintendo released a powerful, hard to develop for N64, then released the colossal failure that was the Gamecube which failed to impress because the PS2's time hasn't ran up yet, then released the highly-underperforming Wii (in comparison to the 360 and the PS3) and an even weaker DS (in comparison to the PSP) which for whatever reason sold?

Good job.

I believe the term "under-performing" is in relation to the sales

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
You mean how Nintendo released a powerful, hard to develop for N64, then released the colossal failure that was the Gamecube which failed to impress because the PS2's time hasn't ran up yet, then released the highly-underperforming Wii (in comparison to the 360 and the PS3) and an even weaker DS (in comparison to the PSP) which for whatever reason sold?

Good job.
And yet the Wii and DS are some of the best-selling consoles.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I believe the term "under-performing" is in relation to the sales
Because sales make a good console. And there I thought it was the games and the hardware.

And yet the Wii and DS are some of the best-selling consoles.
I did mention that.

Every company has spectacular successes and spectacular failures. Nintendo has the Nintendo 64, Gamecube and the Virtual Boy in the failure bag, Sony has the PS3 in it (seeing that the fate of the PSVita is still undecided and the PSP was a moderate success).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I still laugh at the notion that the PSP "underperformed".

It pushed 50+ million units and a great chunk of software against a competitor whose won the handheld realm since day one.

You don't have to win a generation to "do well".

EDIT: Also Nintendo clearly is the new Sega.

>Bayonetta: Published by Sega
>Bayonetta 2: Published by Nintendo.

Therefore Nintendo = Sega.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just Dance is the best selling third party game for the Wii. Does that make it the Wii's best third party game Foxi4Sony?
I just reached a horrible realization - Just Dance happens to be the game I play the most on the Wii these days, mostly because I finished playing most of the games I was interested in from the console's library and now the Wii has been relegated to the role of a party jukebox.

...I really need to browse through the library again.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because sales make a good console. And there I thought it was the games and the hardware.
For the company selling them they do, especially coz - ohh, possible heartbreaker coming up - they're in it for the money...... Wii was also sold at a profit.....;)
Your earlier comment also didn't make a lot of sense - the Gamecube was a direct competitor to the PS2, therefore "the Gamecube which failed to impress because the PS2's time hasn't ran up yet" = WTF. It was still a colossal failure I'll admit, but then so was everything against the PS2.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just reached a horrible realization - Just Dance happens to be the game I play the most on the Wii these days, mostly because I finished playing most of the games I was interested in from its library and now the console has been relegated to the role of a party jukebox.

...I really need to browse through the library again.

After a while the Wii essentially boils down to a Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart machine. I haven't used it for anything that isn't Super Smash Bros. or Mario Kart for at least a year.

I think the last game I actually sat down and put hours into was Skyward Sword which I gave up on eventually because it was a load of wank.

For the company selling them they do, especially coz - ohh, possible heartbreaker coming up - they're in it for the money...... Wii was also sold at a profit.....;)
Your earlier comment also didn't make a lot of sense - the Gamecube was a direct competitor to the PS2, therefore "the Gamecube which failed to impress because the PS2's time hasn't ran up yet" = WTF. It was still a colossal failure I'll admit, but then so was everything against the PS2.

The Xbox didn't sell great but it also raked in serious cash from Xbox Live and some really solid software sales.

Also it laid the framework for the modern console online infrastructure plus it made the Xbox 360 as successful as it was. Like the Xbox 360 is quite a bit behind the Wii but it also draws in constant revenue from Xbox Live and it's still getting software.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Of course consoles are made to produce a profit - nobody here is retarded and we're all well-aware of that. From a gamer perspective though, a "good console" is a console that does what it's designed to do well and offers a lot of games to play, which was the angle I was speaking from.

The Gamecube was released at the peak of PlayStation 2's popularity - Nintendo shot itself in the d*ck because at that point, everybody and their dog had a PS2 which did everything the Gamecube did and more - the Cube didn't stand a chance even though it was more technologically-advanced.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People have become more brazen about it since the PS4 announcement and Valwin's "departure".
People are butthurt because the prophecies ring true and the WiiU turned out to be an "in-between Gen" just like the Wii was.

Now, it's one to a lesser degree - it's going to stay up-to-standards for the first 3-4 years, but that's that.

Oddly except soulx who is now a lot better than any of the Nintendo fanboys.

Yeah, he's an okay lad these days - I quite enjoy conversations with him.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unlike Sega, Nintendo has big cash reserve. Hence why Nintendo stayed a float when GameCube performed badly while Sega dropped Dreamcast.

However, Nintendo needs to do something about third-party support. Many titles were dropped for Wii U because Nintendo isn't aggressive when it comes to third-party support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1