Gaming Nintendo is Yet Again Releasing a New Line of Amiibos!

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Technically they're not a new 'line' as it's from the Super Mario Collection but what'da say about Gold Mario and Metal Mario amiibos? Well, that's gonna happen as it seems.

4kj2xTP.png
rGIXThI.png

These two Mario amiibos were screencap'd from Nintendo's official website and while they've been removed it's definitely going to happen because why else would they post this? Perhaps it'll be a Club Nintendo exclusive or so.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/04/gold-silver-mario-amiibo/

I might get the Gold Mario but meh, it's just a cheaper recolouring of the original which isn't really all that great looking (although it might be).

Reactions: KiiWii and Lycan911

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Judging from the pictures and likely materials used for this, expect the gold Mario amiibo to look like the gold Classic Controller Pro, gold Wii Wheel, gold Nunchuk, or gold Wii Remote Plus (from Skyward Sword Limited Edition Pack). That is to say, for a figurine, I wouldn't buy it.

I'm more intereste in the silver Mario amiibo. It may have a certain quality to it that could be very appealing, akin to the metal tokens used in Monopoly.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I still don't get the idea behind Gold Mario and Silver Mario (what, no Metal Mario?) though I'd have to say they don't strike me as interesting additions. If these special amiibo had special features that the regular Mario amiibo doesn't have, then these might be worth my attention. Other than that, I'm just not feeling the same amiibo in a different paintjob.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I still don't get the idea behind Gold Mario and Silver Mario (what, no Metal Mario?) though I'd have to say they don't strike me as interesting additions. If these special amiibo had special features that the regular Mario amiibo doesn't have, then these might be worth my attention. Other than that, I'm just not feeling the same amiibo in a different paintjob.
Metal/silver Mario look pretty much the same.

rGIXThI.png
468px-Mk8c6.png

I'm betting people are gonna go for Gold Mario when it's available for pre/order.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Mario "SILVER amiibo EDITION", as the packaging says, is still not Metal Mario. Obviously they look the same, but the approach Nintendo is taking with the gold/silver Mario leaves me question just what for are they being made when they don't represent actual Nintendo characters and have no special abilities. They're essentially limited editions for the sake of being limited editions (and this is akin to celebrities who are popular because they are popular, in other words: making no sense).

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Oh rightey!

The Gold and Silver makes the rumour even more believable with the Nintendo Elite status thingy. US Club Nintendo has really awesome content for grabs while Europe/UK Club Nintendo...:glare:

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The Gold and Silver makes the rumour even more believable with the Nintendo Elite status thingy. US Club Nintendo has really awesome content for grabs while Europe/UK Club Nintendo...:glare:

Yup, are we even getting any last content update on Club Nintendo UK? I'm just sitting on stars that have no worth if there's nothing coming up. Remember when I told you I'd hate it if Nintendo made exclusive amiibo for Club Nintendo and you said it'd be cool? This is the reason I hate it.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yup, are we even getting any last content update on Club Nintendo UK? I'm just sitting on stars that have no worth if there's nothing coming up. Remember when I told you I'd hate it if Nintendo made exclusive amiibo for Club Nintendo and you said it'd be cool? This is the reason I hate it.
I just noticed now that the Mario Galaxy Official Soundtrack (Standard Edt.) is sold out on the UK Club Nintendo and now it's getting even worse with golf balls, overpriced badges, wrapping paper, digital wallpapers and ringtones. :-|

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just noticed now that the Mario Galaxy Official Soundtrack (Standard Edt.) is sold out on the UK Club Nintendo and now it's getting even worse with golf balls, overpriced badges, wrapping paper, digital wallpapers and ringtones. :-|

Yeah, it's looking very stale and I highly doubt the gold/silver Mario amiibo will make it to Club Nintendo UK. Or if it will, expect a ridiculous price e.g. 7500 stars.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs