BlackDave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thumb_digigift.jpg

QUOTE said:
What's the reasoning behind Nintendo gifting people Super Mario Bros. for free? I honestly couldn't tell you! Perhaps one of you guys know the rhyme or reason for this. Maybe they're just trying to drum up some digital download interest! Thanks to Michael for the heads up.

Sauce

This is my first news

Apparently it's not only Super Mario Bros. because I got 500 points instead of a game

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't really care less, seeing as I already have Super Mario Bros, as well as the 2 and 3. It's nice to see that Nintendo is rewarding some of its Wii owners.

BlackDave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prowler485 said:
I think anyone that has actually visited and bought from the Wii Shop Channel bought Super Mario Bros.

I know I did.

My wii is family owned so I never really cared to buy super mario bros when I could pay it on the g on an emulator on my ds

But I did get Pokemon Ranch lol

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I better go turn on my Wii to see if i am offered this (i should be with the amount i've spent on there).

BlackDave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think people read correctly cuz I GOT 500 POINTS not the game...so it's different for every one!!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rather spend the points on WiiWare. Don't see the point in buying ROMs that have had zero attention to them to even make sure they are how they should be.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is just a guess, but to qualify:

- You must have signed onto the shop channel at least once, and linked a club nintendo account
- You must have been inactive for a certain period of time

Chances are, Nintendo are trying to encourage you to download more VC or WiiWare with a free gift.
Super Mario Bros if you don't have it, 500 points if you do.

BlackDave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's true I have been inactive for quite some time

But I never got Super Mario. The email sais I got 500 points (i's a picture with 500 on it instead of mario bros) but When I entered the code it got me Mario Bros....

Maybe when you enter the code, you either get 500 or Mario Bros depending whether you have it or not

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked e-mail yesterday, and I had not received anything besides the "new games of the week" message. I have not logged into or bought anything from the wii shop since before Christmas.

D

Deleted_171835

I didn't get an email. Then again, I never went on the WiiShop Channel.

I registered my Wii on Club Nintendo so I assumed this would be an incentive to make people go online with their Wii's. I guess not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night