Nintendo is releasing a limited edition Animal Crossing themed Nintendo Switch

EPkYDYeUcAEhol3.jpg

EPkYDYeUYAAq5P6.jpg EPkYDYeUwAIVBKO.jpg

Nintendo has a special edition Nintendo Switch just waiting for all the excited Animal Crossing: New Horizons fans. Featuring special Joy-Cons, a pattern on the back of the system, and a themed dock for the console, this stylized Switch will be made available a week prior to the launch of the latest Animal Crossing game. It's referred to as the Aloha Edition Nintendo Switch, and will retail for $299.99 when it launches on March 13, 2020. A matching case and screen protector will also be available for separate purchase, as well. Currently, it's only confirmed for release in North America.

EDIT: EU gets it on March 20th.

:arrow: Source

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh geez, I don't know what to do. I was considering a Lite before those released, then decided I better hold out for a possible AC LE to continue the legacy of my New Leaf 3DS. Now we're getting this standard sized one, but part of me wants to continue holding out for a vaguely improved Pro now. Trading in the old Switch to offset the cost isn't really an option either since I'd rather keep the old, exploitable model.

Well, I got it preordered from terrible GameStop anyway, so it's just a matter of letting it happen or cancelling before release.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Not sure why, but I dont like any colored switch they released so far. All of them give me eye cancer. The only color I can stand is the grey edition. the first thing I did after I bought the blue/red was to swap the shells to sexy dark/transparent. the original grey wasn’t available at this time and price I paid. but nice to hear others are fine with those weird colors :)

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure why, but I dont like any colored switch they released so far. All of them give me eye cancer. The only color I can stand is the grey edition. the first thing I did after I bought the blue/red was to swap the shells to sexy dark/transparent. the original grey wasn’t available at this time and price I paid. but nice to hear others are fine with those weird colors :)
all in the mind mate-if you had no choice but to use tht switch after half hour or so youl soon forget about eye cancer

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I don't understand one thing. There is so much potential in making different colored joycons, dock and switch itself, yet Ninty just makes these "limited" editions. Where is my official white switch?

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As excited as I was for this console, after having saved 2 years worth of giftcards to help pay for this, I unfortunately have to pass on this. The US version will not have the game included. Neither physical, nor digital. But the EU and JP versions will have a digital download code included. I find that to be disappointing. So spending $300 + taxes for a new console, and then having to spend an extra $60 to obtain the game would be close to near $400. Should've did what they did when New Leaf came out and released the AC themed 3DS with it preinstalled for around the same price as a new 3DS at the time.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
all in the mind mate-if you had no choice but to use tht switch after half hour or so youl soon forget about eye cancer
Dont get me wrong. My joy to play is not linked to the color. But the joy to see it on my console is heavily affected.

D

Deleted User

Would have bought this as a lite model - shame it‘s not going to happen (love my Animal Crossing IPS 3DS XL).

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's cute but I found the Wii Animal Crossing boring and I haven't played any new Animal Crossing game since then. I sometimes play the Gamecube one again due to the fun holidays and the Nes games. And I played the DS game like crazy for two years.

I honesty don't like the Mayor thing to be honest.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I got it before getting sold out. it's on gamestop (not showing sold out). however, I can't find the case. it's on target's website, but it's sold out.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what annoys me when nintendo come up with any excuse to crap out another so called limited edition.

Knowing die hard collectors and fans will blindly rebuy the same shit multiple times.

And how people get so excited over it, its just a $5 plastic case.

If you know what you are doing you can just change the housing on the switch... I seen housing that looked way better I'm going to change mines to a clear one like the retro atomic purple GBC from back in the day

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: