1. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I know - that's my point. Because the bootROM was patched in 2018, this will have that patched bootROM, meaning despite its appealing exterior it's unfortunately inferior in terms of features/functionality.

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex Brain.exe has stopped working

Germany
    The other question is, why should they release a new console with a vulnerable bootrom? That makes no sense ;)

3. LuigiXL

LuigiXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

ShopTo £299.

4. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    So it is, indeed. Folks are always buying Switch consoles whether at reduced prices or full, so chances are this might run out.

LuigiXL likes this.
  5. dude1

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    like the color scheme, can't wait for the knockoffs to hit china ive got a few greys ive been wanting to reshell

LuigiXL likes this.
  6. Nobody_Important4u

Nobody_Important4u Shitposter with Great sense of justice

Poland
    It looks pretty good but i want to play on 3ds first and still have to finish some ds games.
    So much games so little time...

7. Extrasklep

Extrasklep gbaTemp Fan

Poland
    The joycons will probably still drift

8. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    Nice color but Animal Crossing ? Yucky game. I will pass it for PS5, thought.

9. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

United States
    Oh geez, I don't know what to do. I was considering a Lite before those released, then decided I better hold out for a possible AC LE to continue the legacy of my New Leaf 3DS. Now we're getting this standard sized one, but part of me wants to continue holding out for a vaguely improved Pro now. Trading in the old Switch to offset the cost isn't really an option either since I'd rather keep the old, exploitable model.

Well, I got it preordered from terrible GameStop anyway, so it's just a matter of letting it happen or cancelling before release.

10. Dani Dandelion

Dani Dandelion Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I love Animal Crossing, and I'm a sucker for cute, pleasant color schemes like this. It's relaxing just looking at it. Shame I already have 2 Switches though.

11. ciaomao

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Albania
    Not sure why, but I dont like any colored switch they released so far. All of them give me eye cancer. The only color I can stand is the grey edition. the first thing I did after I bought the blue/red was to swap the shells to sexy dark/transparent. the original grey wasn’t available at this time and price I paid. but nice to hear others are fine with those weird colors :)

12. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    all in the mind mate-if you had no choice but to use tht switch after half hour or so youl soon forget about eye cancer

13. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Czech Republic
    I don't understand one thing. There is so much potential in making different colored joycons, dock and switch itself, yet Ninty just makes these "limited" editions. Where is my official white switch?

14. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    As excited as I was for this console, after having saved 2 years worth of giftcards to help pay for this, I unfortunately have to pass on this. The US version will not have the game included. Neither physical, nor digital. But the EU and JP versions will have a digital download code included. I find that to be disappointing. So spending $300 + taxes for a new console, and then having to spend an extra $60 to obtain the game would be close to near $400. Should've did what they did when New Leaf came out and released the AC themed 3DS with it preinstalled for around the same price as a new 3DS at the time.

15. ciaomao

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Albania
    Dont get me wrong. My joy to play is not linked to the color. But the joy to see it on my console is heavily affected.

16. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Would have bought this as a lite model - shame it‘s not going to happen (love my Animal Crossing IPS 3DS XL).

17. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Argentina
    That's cute but I found the Wii Animal Crossing boring and I haven't played any new Animal Crossing game since then. I sometimes play the Gamecube one again due to the fun holidays and the Nes games. And I played the DS game like crazy for two years.

I honesty don't like the Mayor thing to be honest.

18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I don't know if I got it before getting sold out. it's on gamestop (not showing sold out). however, I can't find the case. it's on target's website, but it's sold out.

19. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker GBAtemp's "Official" Wii Rock Band Hacker

United States
    THIS. IS. EPIC. SO. EPIC. THAT. I. AM. PUTTING. A PERIOD. AFTER. EVERY. WORD.

20. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you know what you are doing you can just change the housing on the switch... I seen housing that looked way better I'm going to change mines to a clear one like the retro atomic purple GBC from back in the day

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - releasing, Nintendo, Crossing