1. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    Maybe that's because people are possibly going to be on handheld/on the go because it's Switch? Idk though

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA President Elect of the United States of Reality

United States
    Online?

3. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    Yeah

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  4. werewolfslayr925

Newcomer

United States
    Personally, I think that the NES version is the best version of the original game. Mystery of the Emblem cut out some chapters and the DS remake of FE1 had visuals that were...incongruent. Though some people don't like the slowness of the FC version of the game, I think there's a certain charm to it.

5. jesus96

jesus96 Pinkboi

Mexico
    "hey kids I'm going to remove these roms but don't worry you can play them on the switch when we even remember that they existed,oh limited time offer btw"

I'm personally tired of this shit,I would get it if it was part of the online service and they where changing roms but seriously what's even the point besides baiting people?

MarkDarkness and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  6. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

United States
    A greedy one. And all signs have been pointing to Nintendo continuing this practice, and things will only get worse for us gamers. Sony's been anti-consumer for the past few years, now Nintendo's following suit.

7. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Gbatemp’s official Scott pilgrim fanatic ™

United States
    Honestly I don’t see much value in this, why not play the remake? And if you really wanted to play the original, fan translations are everywhere and nes emulation is extremely easy

Goku1992A likes this.
  8. daddu3

daddu3 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    So... it begins. Nintendo Vault has really come out to play.

[​IMG]

I might actually explore getting the Collector's Edition, if for the nifty goodies on top.

Nevertheless, I feel Mother 3 could really be befitting the next in-line for this sort of release foe 2021 to coincide with it's 15nth Anniversary.

9. UltraSUPRA

United States
    I'm trying to pre-order it and it won't give me the option to save up my Gold Points.
    EDIT: I just had to scroll down.

Last edited by UltraSUPRA, Oct 23, 2020
  10. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Nintendo has certainly ran out of any good ideas.

11. roamin

roamin GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    the switch is just an underpowered console thats capable of re-releasing old titles over and over.

nintendo certainly is a dying console in my opinion. i have an originial nes, snes, 64, wii, wii-u and switch plus all the handhelds.
    this will be my last nintendo console. its just constant shit dribble of older titles and now there making them "limited time" ? go EAD nintendo. your becoming pathetic.

but hey there going to keep doing it when all these kiddies keep rushing out to pre order a game thats already ancient.

Rail Fighter and kineticUk like this.
  12. UltraSUPRA

United States
    It's $6 and important to Smash Bros. lore. Why wouldn't I?

13. kineticUk

kineticUk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Has Sony been anti-consumer for the past few years? Crossplay was an issue this generation but I can’t think of anything else.

Nintendo on the other hand (who do their own thing and don’t follow anyone) have been the masters of anti-consumer. They’re still selling you the same games they made years ago which you probably bought at the time then again on Wii, then the Wii U and again for the Switch (and “buy those Wii U games again”).

Nintendo are the worst no contest.

Last edited by kineticUk, Oct 24, 2020
    GuyInDogSuit and roamin like this.
  14. roamin

roamin GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    because when companies can just keep re-releasing the same old shit and we all know the switch is good for it, the drive to be new and innovative isnt that high any more. people will still buy it and there coding is minimal to make it happen. win win for the companies. if i owned nintendo and so many suckers were buying my old rehashed games then id do it too.

look at mario all stars oh and it too has this bullshit so called "limited time" crap. why? to make fools rush out and buy it now. worked. nintendo wins.

see backwards compatibility and re-releasing games are 2 different things. all the new consoles lately are talking about backwards compatibility, ie: play what you already own.
    nintendo re-releases and re sells all there games over and over and over. its tiring.

i actually bought a vita the other week, have not touch my switch in probably 2 months, it will be in the draw soon until the next REAL new zelda is released.

15. Randy Steele

Randy Steele Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Piracy begs to differ. It'll be around in some form for as long as the internet it. Fuck Nintendo.

16. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    The problem here is, again, presumption. We're presuming the game is emulated. And we're presuming people have played the game before.

Nintendo left the former ambiguous (the footage neither confirms nor denies the use of emulation).
    The latter, Nintendo is marketing this version of the game as new to the west.

17. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    So... Does this mean we'll see a new mother title within the next decade?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sony has had anti-consumer practices since 2006, at least. Some of their store policies are an absolute joke. Also getting sick of timed 3rd party exclusives (on any platform, Sony is just really racking them up). Nintendo is in a really close 2nd.

medoli900 likes this.
  18. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    mother isn't exactly nintendo's call. they need the nod from mister itoi.

19. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I think the 7 day 'til release to cancel preorder/preloading is now the norm. my system downloaded pikmin 3 earlier today, just can't play it 'til the 30th. I guess it's an okay call. at least now you can change your mind as long as it's not 7 days or under.

20. Ajlr

Ajlr GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    This is why Satoru Iwata should have not have a bile duct tumor in the first place.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - officially, localizing, available