1. Worldblender

Worldblender GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If not that I want to get the Collector's Edition, I hope that at least someone scans the art stuff, takes pictures of the physical items, and then then upload all of that online later on. That way, I don't have to spend any money just to see this new, remastered art.

2. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Patiently waiting for the ROM dumps.

3. a32bitmint

a32bitmint Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I guess this is cool? :P
    Not a big Fire Emblem guy but it's cool to see that they're doing this. The Special Edition looks awesome though.

4. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    This stunt to increase their fiscal end of year report is getting really fucking old nintendo...

3D All Stars...super mario 35 (free game????)...now this. Ironic that they all end distribution on March 31st.

Fucking stop it.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000, Oct 23, 2020
  5. StarveBread

StarveBread Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Would buy this, but I ain't dealing with that limited time crap so nope

6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Going to be honest, I don't really play fire emblem games, but if I did, it would be on a modern console, not a "classic" one. Classic shining force in comparison feels much more approachable (too bad there hasn't been any reboots, remakes, or new entry in the series lately) I'm not too much into the complex plot and development of characters, I feel like it half game, half visual novel at this point. (and I been saying why not just make a dating sim) * insert smirk here *

The latest one has sounded a bit more appealing due to the "accessibility" features, but is mostly the structure and plot I'm afraid of not finding appealing. The social/political narrative of things bores me compared to the simple "generic" hero saves the day from evil magical being that shining force has that everyone seems to despise. But maybe I'm just far too simple that it's doesn't bother me. As long as it's appealing in some way, well written script, voice cast, events, fun world full of interesting things. Stuff like tales of symphonia, or breath of fire IV with the fantasy setting, multiple races of people or demi-humans, gods and such, that's what I like. Not liberating nations and structural hierarchy, with loads of betrayal and plot twist within what supposed to be alliances. :ninja:

gersonzero likes this.
  7. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I have the other fire emblem games on the switch, but I haven't played them yet. I'm interested, except isn't this like you lose a main character on the battlefield, they're dead for good? that's one thing I didn't like about final fantasy tactics, but I think you had like three turns to bring them back to life. that's why my favorite srpg is shining force. I don't remember them ever implementing that in any of those games. I actually bought a saturn just for part 3, then I sold part 3 a while back for over $90 (I hear it's worth a lot). they also had parts 2 and 3 that were never released in the states. I think Japan had a premium version with all three parts. it would be awesome if they released that some day.

MaxToTheMax likes this.
  8. MaxToTheMax

MaxToTheMax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think it's cool idk....

I think the SNES games will come if this game sells well. It sucks that publishers think that paywalls like that work.

Scott_pilgrim and godreborn like this.
  9. sonicvssilver22

sonicvssilver22 You're myself, I'm yourself

United States
    Starting with New Mystery of the Emblem on the DS in Japan and Awakening on the 3DS for the rest of the world, you have the option of playing on a Casual mode that turns the permanent death feature off. Anybody that dies come back after the battle, the only way to get a game over is if all your characters die all at once in a map. The way permadeath works, if someone in your party dies, they're gone for good unless you start the map from the beginning again, and if any of your main character units dies (usually your Avatar unit and the main Lord of the game depending on the map) then you just automatically get a game over and have to start over the map from the beginning, unless you're playing on Causal.

godreborn likes this.
  10. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I do remember resetting several times when that happened in final fantasy tactics. if there's one thing that I don't like, it's wasting time, which it feels like I just wasted an hour if someone I've spent dozens of hours building dies. that does piss me off.

11. sonicvssilver22

sonicvssilver22 You're myself, I'm yourself

United States
    It's heaviliy mitigated in the most recent entries that have a time-rewind feature that lets you rewind to a specific turn instead of starting over from the beginning. Hell, in Three Houses as soon as someone important dies, it immediately lets you rewind time if you still have the energy for it(you can only do it so many times in a battle).

godreborn likes this.
  12. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I preordered it a few hours ago. I also have pikmin 3, the new hyrule warriors, the final fantasy legend saga, and 3d world preordered. other than that, there's also ghostrunner, which for some reason doesn't seem to have an eshop page when it comes out in like five days. I'm kinda enjoying buying games again. every other system is piracy, but then I don't play the games at all. I did recently beat ys origin, but I'm probably going to have to go back through that to see where this item is that I'm missing along with one of the fire upgrades. :)

13. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    Are we certain this translation would run on an actual NES? Technical limitations made variable-width text very rare.

One other bit caught my eye. Wasn't Intelligent Systems uncredited in the original FE1?

14. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA President Elect of the United States of Reality

United States
    I don't doubt that it will. Trials of Mana works on real hardware, and while that's a Super NES game by Square Enix, its translation works on real hardware.

15. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    If nothing else, at least the price is right. Hopefully this means we get other previously Japan-only retro releases in the future.

16. UltraSUPRA

United States
    *glances at Rin*

17. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    haven't tried trial of mana on real hardware, but I did on the snes mini. works without issue. however, I didn't actually go through the entire game.

18. UltraSUPRA

United States
    Is anyone rewatching Ultimate Falcon Match? Or, in my case, watching it for the first time?

19. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    I hope so. The presumption of guilt just frustrates me. People take one glimpse at games like this, and start flinging accusations that it's lazy/emulated/whatever. We simply do not have any grounds to determine from the trailer whether the translation depicted is even an NES game at all.

banjo2 likes this.
  20. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    Think shittendo has finally gone senile.
    Gotta put down this old yeller.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - officially, localizing, available