ferofax

End of the World
OP
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
because for some reason, almost all of the built-in apps on the 3DS don't have anything remotely close to an [X Close] touch button, or something similar to the [Return to DSi Main Menu] option. off the top of my head, the only ones i can remember that you can close like this, or have an X button Close, is the System Settings. that's it.

i mean, i understand that pressing Home will pretty much suspend the app/game in question, and then you can manually close it from there, but that's on par with Alt-Tabbing and then doing a Task Manager forced End Task. that's lazy, and if the button fails, good luck exiting applications and any new, unsaved data.

it annoyed me because when i go into eShop, the Home button is disabled on some icons, and you have to switch around to the left most icons up to News before it functions. I've no idea whatsoever why the Home button is choosy, but i guess that's to stop people from accidentally hitting Home when downloading stuff. but still...

somebody should flag Nintendo about this. don't wait until your Home button dies on you.

D

Deleted User

I bet you it'll be fixed, come the 3DS Lite, with it's new "3DS Lite Firmware"

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
Doesn't need fixing. More like the OP is the one being lazy.

If home button just happen to break, you have to get it fix anyway.

They want the screen to be less crowd.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If the home button does not function it's most likely that the app is loading data. It's probably a security thing.

Just try it out on the eshop, whenever you see the circle of dots on the top screen, you are unable to use it (or during movies) but when that's not the case it'll work fine.

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
KingVamp said:
tigris said:

+1
i agree with you !
why have a close button ( on that small screen ) when there is a home button ?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Everything has a home button.

The PSP, PS3, 360 and the Wii.
Hell, older consoles required you to turn off/reset the system to switch games.

Why are you complaining again?

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wait ... you can't close apps while pressing Home ?

I have a panel that closes almost any app (except DS-related ones) and I can also close apps by pressing X.

...Or did I understand wrong ?

Phyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can see where you're coming from, because I sometimes think "Ugh. Why can't there be a simple close button, instead of home then press x." But I think that's me being lazy rather than Nintendo.

I also don't think the home button will break because it's similar to start/select buttons, and I use those buttons a lot in games. Probably more times than I've pressed the home button. No sign of them breaking. (Yet.)

If it does decide to fail one day. I guess It'll have to be sent to Ninty for repairs.

ferofax

End of the World
OP
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
wasim said:
KingVamp said:
tigris said:

+1
i agree with you !
nope, not being lazy. it's a common thing to add to the software a way for it to exit by itself, a proper exit if i may say so. relying on the Home button might be their way of making you use it, but what's a measly corner X or corner tab? that's no loss in screen real estate in most apps IMO.

granted it's probably not likely to break the Home button thru normal use, but stuff happens.

i suppose there's still the Power button for quick exits, but still... i dunno. and i still think that it's annoying on eShop, at least. not being able to exit just anywhere, pfft. and here i thought the Home button was supposed to make exits quick.

@prowler: oh yeah, i was complaining coz i thought the Home button was for quick exits or quick swap to browser... turns out no, it doesn't. at least, not all the time. you probably have never tried pressing Home button and getting that gray Home icon with that circle/slash that means "no". that annoyed me, so there's your reason.

@Fyrus: show me where the panel is on 3DS Camera. or 3DS Sound. or Mii Maker. or Streetpass Plaza. or AR Games. i could go on. and yeah, try pressing the X button on those. see where that gets you.

but yeah, come to think of it, it's no biggie. but annoying on eShop. that needs repeating.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ferofax said:
wasim said:
KingVamp said:
tigris said:

+1
i agree with you !
nope, not being lazy. it's a common thing to add to the software a way for it to exit by itself, a proper exit if i may say so. relying on the Home button might be their way of making you use it, but what's a measly corner X or corner tab? that's no loss in screen real estate in most apps IMO.

granted it's probably not likely to break the Home button thru normal use, but stuff happens.

i suppose there's still the Power button for quick exits, but still... i dunno. and i still think that it's annoying on eShop, at least. not being able to exit just anywhere, pfft. and here i thought the Home button was supposed to make exits quick.

@prowler: oh yeah, i was complaining coz i thought the Home button was for quick exits or quick swap to browser... turns out no, it doesn't. at least, not all the time. you probably have never tried pressing Home button and getting that gray Home icon with that circle/slash that means "no". that annoyed me, so there's your reason.

@Fyrus: show me where the panel is on 3DS Camera. or 3DS Sound. or Mii Maker. or Streetpass Plaza. or AR Games. i could go on. and yeah, try pressing the X button on those. see where that gets you.

but yeah, come to think of it, it's no biggie. but annoying on eShop. that needs repeating.

I'm sorry sir, you are just fucking ants.

This is total bullshit what you are complaining about.

In fact the topic title should say that YOU are lazy.

ferofax

End of the World
OP
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Shuji1987 said:

pfft.
rolleyes.gif
i guess that ups your post count so...

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I couldn't care less about my post count. Do you honestly think my life revolves around that? Maybe yours does but that's to be expected
wink.gif

I'm just pointing out what a lazy cunt you are, nothing more. If you can't handle the truth go cry somewhere else.

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
Shuji1987 said:
If the home button does not function it's most likely that the app is loading data. It's probably a security thing.
In the E-shop, in particular, the home button does not function until the content you're currently looking at has been downloaded. No idea why, it just functions that way, probably for some semi-important reason.

And, really, OP, what's so bad about pressing two buttons? Stop being so goddamn lazy :3

BadBloke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiintendogr.com
XP
Country
Greece
ferofax said:
somebody should flag Nintendo about this. don't wait until your Home button dies on you.

Well I doubt the Home button is going to die anyday now. What about the d-pad or tha A-B buttons? Shit, Mario needs to jump around all the time, and I have to use the A button for that to happen. Should I worry about the lifespan of my A button? No. Why? Because it is made to be pressed. Just like the Home button. Interesting, huh?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...I haven't played a 3DS but it sounds like the home button works no different than on an iDevice... Don't really know what there is to complain about seeing as it works pretty well for Apple.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ferofax said:
Shuji1987 said:

pfft.
rolleyes.gif
i guess that ups your post count so...
His comment was valid, showed his oppinion, and overall is right.
You on the other hand, did nothing but up YOUR post count. Your post was totally valueless.

And I've never had any problems in the eShop not being able to press the home button. And what, you want a red X on the top of the screen? I sure as hell don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night