1. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Yeah, but they have teams specifically for repairing faulty hardware, and I'm sure that for them, the hardware prices range from cents to a dollar.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Not legal trouble, because MS/Sony actually acknowledged and bothered to fix the issues (with MS going as far as recalling the OG phatties way back when, and Sony had a few years until YLOD became as common as RROD by which point they already fixed the problem with Slims) instead of just ignoring it and telling people it's "not a real issue!" like Nintendo has been doing.

I expect Nintendo is just biding their time so they can just shit out the "New Switch Pro XL Mega Ultra Tournament Edition" with a fix for drift so they can force people to buy that shit instead of fixing it for their current customers.

DarkCoffe64, Davey159 and Victorzer like this.
  3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    If I used the cheaply made Joycons, I'd be upset too. Using a Pro Controller, never looked back.

4. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    I think it's time to boot my Zelda BOTW up to check if my joycons have drift.

5. Kanakops

Kanakops GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Finally something for quebec

6. 1B51004

1B51004 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I dunno how you guys are using your joycons but I've only had drift once. Filled out a repair form, sent it in for at least 50 cents, got them back and they worked. I've mainly been using one of the hori wired pro controller though, but from what I can tell, the controllers seem to still not have drift.

7. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp's Favorite Hat Kid

Brazil
    Hmmmm... I wonder how they could've prevented this. Maybe by making a solidly built controller...?

8. The Frenchman

The Frenchman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Theses sadly hold no ground because the pieces still show sings of wear, so in court Nintendo could simply show brand new joycons with no drift and then show sticks with drift and make their case that users simply play too rough.

It's not like they're programmed to start drifting after XX amount of hours or when a new color is out...

Yes they're fragile and they shouldn't be.

TSP184 likes this.
  9. Immortallix

Immortallix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does it have a real dpad?

10. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I swapped shells on my joycon. Do you think I can send them in like that? I still have the originals. First, my left joy con was drifting, now my right joycon is drifting too. I replaced the stick on my left joycon and it worked well for about 4 months. It really sucks, because I have this nice hand grip for handheld mode, but I can’t play handheld. :(

11. Zaldo1

Zaldo1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    They deserve it, both my launch joycons are unusable.

psintek, DarkCoffe64 and Jayro like this.
  12. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    Doing the repairs for free is nice and all, but when are they going to address the source of the problem and stop using the cheap shitty parts?

osaka35, DarkCoffe64, jesus96 and 3 others like this.
  13. DS1

DS1 伝説のサラリーマン

United States
    Has this issue been resolved? If I buy a switch today, will it eventually have this drifting issue?

I’m seriously thinking about getting one since they announced SVC, but don’t want to deal with a garbage controller.

14. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Everything about the Switch seems cheep compared to other Nintendo consoles. I take really good care of my consoles and one of my 2 switches is failing horribly. On it no matter if the joycons have a full charge or not I get a message on screen saying they have a low battery. It also keeps popping up an error saying no cartridge is inserted when there is. It says the sd card has been removed when it hasn't and sometimes fails to acknowledge that a right joycon is in the rail when I use it in portable mode. My other switch seems to be fine at the moment though

See for yourself lol been looking at online reviews for it and it scores highly on pretty much all of them with most reviews saying it's the best 3rd party joycon available.

https://www.gioteck.com/jc20/

No the drift issue still hasn't been fixed but just buy yourself a Geotec JC-20 :rofl:

15. Lazyboss

Lazyboss GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Arab Emirates
    Someone should teach Nintendo that they are not the only one who can fire lawsuit on others.

psintek and PokeNas like this.
  16. Zaldo1

Zaldo1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Look cool, how's the motion control, delay, and vibration on it?

17. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    They are all very good.

18. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Depends on where you live. Over here, they require you to send in the whole Switch if the included JoyCons break and you'll be without it for at least a week. Even if you had a pro controller or extra JoyCons you could play with, they require you to send in the Switch. Also they'll try to claim warranty void if they see any indication of user error or damage like a damaged latch (generally from dropping the Switch) and will refuse to fix the completely unrelated drifting issue. Also, it's not a proper fix, they replace the stick with the same faulty model that will fail again later down the line, it's a ticking time bomb. What about in a few years when the Switch 2 (or whatever) is out and they no longer stock replacement parts for the Switch? In 10 years there are not gonna be any properly working JoyCons left apart from a few overpriced NIB ones.

zfreeman likes this.
  19. seseiSeki

seseiSeki GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    If I remember correctly, the lite can also have the drift issue.

But something I heard more often and also experienced myself is... Uhh... I don't know how it's called. The affected stick will not fully input a direction. I mean: Tilting the stick to the left, for example, will seem to work at first, but at some point it'll just register as tilting to the right. Oddly enough, tilting the stick to the top-left or bottom-left will still work.
    Bought a can of compressed air, applied it to the stick and everything worked again.

TSP184 likes this.
  20. wiiuepiccpu

wiiuepiccpu vanCFW tester

United States
    i honestly am in the camp that thinks that nintendo should get this full force. Even if its a piss easy repair many people cant or dont want to open up their joy con to fix it

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, another, lawsuit