Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Good try Nintendo, but flashcards are still in production.

And before someone talk about special carts, there are like 6 games like that, all 6 are pokemon games (Heart Gold and Soul Silver and Black and White 1 and 2 all have infrared integrated in the cart).

EDIT: there is also Pokemon typing adventure that uses a bluetooth keyboard, so the cart must have a bluetooth dongle built-in.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

And before someone talk about special carts, there are like 6 games like that, all 6 are pokemon games (Heart Gold and Soul Silver and Black and White 1 and 2 all have infrared integrated in the cart).
I always thought Pokemon Typing Adventure did too, or does that just use DS Wireless to connect to the keyboard?

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I always thought Pokemon Typing Adventure did too, or does that just use DS Wireless to connect to the keyboard?
I think it uses WiFi to connect the keyboard, but to be honest I don't know.

Ok, I did my homework and everyone says it uses bluetooth. So I guess the cart has a bluetooth dongle built-in.
Great, another Pokemon game for the list of special ds carts.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it uses WiFi to connect the keyboard, but to be honest I don't know.

Ok, I did my homework and everyone says it uses bluetooth. So I guess the cart has a bluetooth dongle built-in.
Great, another Pokemon game for the list of special ds carts.
Ah yeah, it does use Bluetooth now I think about it. The keyboard is just a standard Bluetooth one and works on the PS3 etc :')

D

Deleted User

Wrong. 7. Walk With Me! (Personal Trainer Walking in US) uses IR to talk to the pedometer.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
omg burningdesire for reporter already

Well this is sad but expected I guess, Ds is kinda old.

Edrian

Commercial Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't usually believe rumors but this is something that you can't really deny it''l happen so general outcome of the situation will be the same

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm more surprised by the fact that they were still being made than anything. DS is over 10 years old at this point, it came out in like what, 2004?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'm more surprised by the fact that they were still being made than anything. DS is over 10 years old at this point, it came out in like what, 2004?
It's also their most successful handheld, so they want to probably milk out as much money from it as they can. Now that the 3DS is dominant and any prior DS handhelds are discontinued, there's almost no point to creating game cartridges anymore. With DS VC being available on the Wii U (And possibly the NX in the future), anyone that wants to republish their games on the Wii U can do so.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It's also their most successful handheld, so they want to probably milk out as much money from it as they can. Now that the 3DS is dominant and any prior DS handhelds are discontinued, there's almost no point to creating game cartridges anymore. With DS VC being available on the Wii U (And possibly the NX in the future), anyone that wants to republish their games on the Wii U can do so.
I'm still baffled by the fact that they decided to put NDS VC on the Wii U rather than on, you know, the goddamn 3DS, the system capable of playing the games without emulation.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'm still baffled by the fact that they decided to put NDS VC on the Wii U rather than on, you know, the goddamn 3DS, the system capable of playing the games without emulation.
Well, unless they did it through DSi NAND storage, it would have to be patched all to hell probably. But who knows.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
AND up next on the stop production line:

Wii-U-Black-White-G3AR.jpg

:creep:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1