Nintendo is beginning to reopen its North American repair centers

vtg-1992-super-mario-metal-sign_1_784d28ec2191130e389c80235aff85e9.jpg

It's been a while since Nintendo closed their repair centers worldwide as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic back in March, but it seems things will soon return to normal. Nintendo will be slowly reopening their repair facilities across North America, with hardware to be repaired depending in the order of when they received it. Those waiting on active repair orders can expect an email of when you'll be allowed to send in your product to Nintendo's centers. If your item's warranty expired during the time that Nintendo wasn't allowing repairs, they'll still honor the warranty and will allow customers to send their product in for free. Those that already sent in their hardware and are awaiting a change in status can check Nintendo's official repair page to see any new updates.

As we continue to follow the preventive measures put in place related to the COVID-19 pandemic, in accordance with local guidelines, some of our repair centers are now able to gradually restart services. We are working as quickly and safely as possible to get you playing again and appreciate your understanding.

While repair centers ramp up operations, repair orders will be prioritized in the order that they have been set up and received, including products currently held at repair centers that were in-process and not completed due to the closures.

:arrow: Source

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Time will tell if this was a bad idea or not (of course, that's the same situation with opening other industries and economies all around the globe). The number of infections and deaths in the US seems to have lowered somewhat since May 7th, but I dunno man.

At least I can get my joycons fixed!

Last edited by Seliph,

ButtonMarkedErase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally I can't wait to get my joycons fixed! During this time my left joycon has been absolutely screwy, even the isoprop alcohol method isn't working anymore! (Damn you Animal Crossing!)

Reactions: Seliph

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

It's been a while since Nintendo closed their repair centers worldwide as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic back in March, but it seems things will soon return to normal. Nintendo will be slowly reopening their repair facilities across North America, with hardware to be repaired depending in the order of when they received it. Those waiting on active repair orders can expect an email of when you'll be allowed to send in your product to Nintendo's centers. If your item's warranty expired during the time that Nintendo wasn't allowing repairs, they'll still honor the warranty and will allow customers to send their product in for free. Those that already sent in their hardware and are awaiting a change in status can check Nintendo's official repair page to see any new updates.

:arrow: Source

i love the picture:)

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It's better if they address joycon issues and start redesigning them instead of taking money from countless repairs and new joycons.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Finally I can't wait to get my joycons fixed! During this time my left joycon has been absolutely screwy, even the isoprop alcohol method isn't working anymore! (Damn you Animal Crossing!)
Damn Nintendo for making crappy product with such low quality (not damn you AC).

ButtonMarkedErase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's better if they address joycon issues and start redesigning them instead of taking money from countless repairs and new joycons.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Damn Nintendo for making crappy product with such low quality (not damn you AC).

I meant "damn you Animal Crossing" because I've been playing it a lot, thus putting more strain on the joycons lol

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Public Service Announcement:
The main way we as consumers can get companies like Nintendo’s attention is through our ‘buying power’. Money talks and ...well you know the rest. Anyway, If people would force Nintendo to fix their drifting controllers for free instead of giving in and spending $80 for replacements - it would severely hurt their bottom line and move them to action. Unfortunately for us, many people are impatient and refuse to wait. Nintendo knows this.

By the way, my Joy Cons started drifting severely at the start of the pandemic and the Repair Shop closed right before they sent me my shipping labels. I refuse to pay for more controllers. So I will patiently wait until the Shop reopens, sends me my labels, then adds my Joy Cons to the pile of probably thousands, fixes them and sends them back.

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably about 18000
18000 might be a bit low.
It's scary to think that Nintendo plans to produce 22 million units in 2020 (according to sources). That's 44 million Joy Cons (2 per system). With an estimated 37% Joy Con failure rate, that's roughly 16.2 million drifting controllers hitting the market. Exciting times ahead, Nintendo! Hope you're ready.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I meant "damn you Animal Crossing" because I've been playing it a lot, thus putting more strain on the joycons lol
Regardless of how much stress you put on them they shouldnt break so easily or be off center. I have analog controllers for more than 10 years and yust now they start to show signs of drifting but nothing major.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello