Nintendo introduces new 2DS models Crystal Red and Blue at $99

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god, you mean I can get them without getting a Pokemon game bundled in? That makes these so much cooler. Up until now they were the Pokemon models of 2DS.

The price drop is sweet too. I'm almost persuaded to buy one just as a way of tipping my hat to Nintendo. Then I can play DKC Returns and brag about how easy the game is, and play GTA Chinatown Wars to find out whether it's any better than the PSP version.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if only they could take some inspiration from the 3DS and change the chase something less shit.
I've owned a 2DS for over a year now. It's bulky and awkward to carry around, the screen needs protection, and dusk and shit gets stuck under the joystick all the time. If I wasn't poor, I could have bought a real 3DS by now.
Why not keep the 2DS face down when you're not using it? That's why I do with my PSP. (and now my 3DS XL)

This miraculously solves all dust problems forever.

Reactions: MushGuy

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's kinda cool. I can see lots of 6 to 11yo kids getting interested in those already. I mean, when I was little, I used to get super jealous over my neighbor's transparent GBA

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why not keep the 2DS face down when you're not using it? That's why I do with my PSP. (and now my 3DS XL)

This miraculously solves all dust problems forever.

I actually bring mine with me for the steps and the streetpasses. I get like 20,000+ steps everyday at my work.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does that fit in your pocket? Not trying to be insulting, just wondering.

I have to wear khaki's at work, so they are rather lose fitting because they used to be my boyfriend's. So I can actually carry it around without it being noticed.
When I am not at work, I carry it around in my messenger bag.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The bundles are separate versions as the consoles are also sold as standalone versions. The price for the ORAS bundle is about $30-40 more :(
I'm aware, but I think it deserves a mention. ;)

These look pretty cool, I just wish it wasn't a 2DS. Not that I would buy it anyway, I have a pretty cool looking 3DS XL already. But it seems like they are only focusing on the 2DS when it comes to limited editions and new colors now.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware, but I think it deserves a mention. ;)

These look pretty cool, I just wish it wasn't a 2DS. Not that I would buy it anyway, I have a pretty cool looking 3DS XL already. But it seems like they are only focusing on the 2DS when it comes to limited editions and new colors now.

Well soon enough they'll have a New 3DS to market, and that will appeal more to the hardcore gamers. The 2DS is being marketed as a huge library of games for a low price, and it appeals more to parents getting it for their kids.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.