Nintendo Indie World Showcase to take place on November 9th

saddasdasdas.png

Get ready for some brand new indie games to hit the Nintendo Switch. An Indie World Showcase has been scheduled for November 9th at 9am PT/5pm BST, bringing us 25 minutes of info on upcoming games. What indie titles are you looking forward to seeing come to the Switch?

:arrow: Source

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Along with every single must-play third-party game, you mean. Without ports nobody would buy a Switch, because that would essentially make it a Wii U.
I guess I'm just tired of AAA game developers not porting their games to the system to launch alongside the "big two" + PC. So instead, Nintendo thinks the answer is flooding the eShop with Steam's indie trash. I hate the gaming industry and how it operates now.

Reactions: nWo and SylverReZ

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'm just tired of AAA game developers not porting their games to the system to launch alongside the "big two" + PC. So instead, Nintendo thinks the answer is flooding the eShop with Steam's indie trash. I hate the gaming industry and how it operates now.
Given that Nintendo is utilizing mid-range hardware from 2012, what else would you expect? It takes far more optimization work to get AAA games playable on Switch, and even then they end up with unstable frame rates. It would inconvenience far more people to delay finished next-gen versions of games solely to match up the release date.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Given that Nintendo is utilizing mid-range hardware from 2012, what else would you expect? It takes far more optimization work to get AAA games playable on Switch, and even then they end up with unstable frame rates. It would inconvenience far more people to delay finished next-gen versions of games solely to match up the release date.
I expect actual EFFORT to get the modern games ported over. I know the 'e' word isn't something devs like to throw around these days, but that's the cold hard truth of it all. We've all seen the 'impossible' ports get made to the switch, so effort is all that stands in the dev studios way.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I expect actual EFFORT to get the modern games ported over. I know the 'e' word isn't something devs like to throw around these days, but that's the cold hard truth of it all. We've all seen the 'impossible' ports get made to the switch, so effort is all that stands in the dev studios way.
That's the thing though, even games like Doom 2016/Eternal which are extremely well optimized for low-end hardware end up struggling to maintain more than 20 FPS in some segments on Switch. Effort can only take you so far, at some point you might as well be developing an entirely separate version of the game like devs had to for the portables of old. Nintendo being left in the dust for their stubbornness is nothing new, and that's why it's no surprise neither of this year's major GOTY contenders will be coming to Switch.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, more shovelware ported over from Steam. 🙄
Eh, Cuphead for Switch was announced in an Indie World Showcase, which in reality was a pretty big reveal not just because its a widely loved game, but also because of what an odd situation that opened up for Microsoft to put their games (beyond Minecraft) on competing systems. Also if I remember correctly No More Heroes 3 was an Indie World reveal. So sometimes there are big heavy hitters in these, not that I'm expecting one, but you never know is my point.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Eh, Cuphead for Switch was announced in an Indie World Showcase, which in reality was a pretty big reveal not just because its a widely loved game, but also because of what an odd situation that opened up for Microsoft to put their games (beyond Minecraft) on competing systems. Also if I remember correctly No More Heroes 3 was an Indie World reveal. So sometimes there are big heavy hitters in these, not that I'm expecting one, but you never know is my point.
True, sometimes there's diamonds among all the turds.
Post automatically merged:

That's the thing though, even games like Doom 2016/Eternal which are extremely well optimized for low-end hardware end up struggling to maintain more than 20 FPS in some segments on Switch. Effort can only take you so far, at some point you might as well be developing an entirely separate version of the game like devs had to for the portables of old. Nintendo being left in the dust for their stubbornness is nothing new, and that's why it's no surprise neither of this year's major GOTY contenders will be coming to Switch.
I dunno man, Splatoon 3 is an absolute banger, definitely a force to be reckoned with. GOTY in my opinion.

Reactions: SylverReZ

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh well, the only good thing for me here is that there is a chance that one good game is gonna be there.

About 15 indies that nobody wants, and a chance for a good game. Not always the case, tho...

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they could do that.... or you could just fire up a gaming PC and play the AAA games there.
you're complaining about indies showing up at an indie world showcase. like come the fuck on

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn