Nintendo Has Released v7.0.0-200 - PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by garyopa, Jan 21, 2019.

1. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Eh. What?

Jun 18, 2018
    Japan
    Some place in
    Stop implying these "hur dur dont have tx are poor" bullshit, SX ARE mostly for people who can't buy games (they ARE piracy focused), and SXOS is A LOT more limited than atmosphere if you actually want to add features/homebrew your console (the only thing that "surpass(?)" atmosphere atm is emunand). I can afford, but will not give money to those open-source code chinese thiefs.

Just stop, go buy some games, physical 'cus look good in the shelf.

Last edited by ZeroFX, Jan 25, 2019
    [Truth] and cucholix like this.
  2. jscjml

jscjml Monster Hunter

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Las Vegas
    I wasnt implying you were poor, sorry if it came across that way. But in these piracy scenes you usually have people not willing to spend money for features. And yeah I own a couple games for the switch already. I feel people trash talk SXOS because you have to pay for it more than the shady practices they do, maybe its just me though. The same exact thing happened with GW, brick code aside (which was from buying fake versions of their product)

I think it surpasses atmo right now cause you dont need to buy a second console to play online. Thats huge right now. Like I said thats bound to change though, and ill be making the move to atmosphere when that happens too.

Last edited by jscjml, Jan 25, 2019
  3. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Eh. What?

Jun 18, 2018
    Japan
    Some place in
    Its ok.

jscjml likes this.
  4. RyuSeisuke1992

RyuSeisuke1992 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2018
    Germany
    maxconsole is fake news xD

Sinon, Maximilious, FARES and 4 others like this.
  5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Just ignore Volthax. He's either a very dedicated troll, or actually that just stupid.

Still won't have xci loading. I doubt TX will be "killed off" anytime soon.

6. Oleboy555

Oleboy555 Wie dit leest is een zemmel

Feb 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    What is preventing other groups from implementing XCI loading? is it because they are against piracy? or is there another reason?

7. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    But if i dont update to the latest firmware then Nintendio Karen wont play with my joycon anymore......

8. stephrk398

stephrk398 GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2018
    United States
    Exact reason. It's only use is piracy.

9. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I think it's a combination of 1. it's hard to do legally (the SXOS implementation includes some copyright code), 2. enough people have thrown hate on XCI because SXOS supports it so backtracking would make them look weak.

Piracy is used as an excuse, I don't believe everyone capable of implementing XCI loading is as against piracy as they say in public.

Why single out boot1, wii has boot0 as well. https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Boot0

Not that they have anything to do with each other than the name, it's just they are used for different stages of the boot.

Last edited by smf, Jan 26, 2019
    Xiphiidae likes this.
  10. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    I can afford to buy games. However, I will not give money to those anti-consumer, Japanese megalomaniacs.

Beyond utilities, homebrew on modern consoles is a novelty. If you want to make a game there are much easier tools for development and vastly superior platforms for distribution. There are much cheaper and better emlation options. Portable mode is cool, but the joy-con are suboptimal to put it politely.

ShadowOne333 and Xiphiidae like this.
  11. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Still waiting on that update for my OFW system. Passed 48 hours

12. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ The Adorable Enby

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    Don't worry, it will come out, just not when the Gary says it will come out.

Also
    I love how you couldn't even hold your promise made by this post. You literally had ONE JOB, update the main page, and you didn't even do that.

TPMJB, TotalJustice and tiliarou like this.
  13. jt_1258

jt_1258 Human?

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    Ehh, not sure what your problem is with them but wouldn't you be better fit for the xbox side of the scene if that's how you feel? Besides, there are much more truly anti consumer company's out their like Apple. Nintendo doesn't seem that bad. Overprotective, maybe. But not that horrible.

14. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    American companies are not better, just see EA.

I don’t understand his rant tbh, it’s like a justification to pirate games? If he doesn’t care about Nintendo systems it’s the wrong thread to post about it :lol:

Absintu likes this.
  15. Goffrier

Goffrier GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2018
    United States
    Thank you @garyopa for funding Ram Ranch and keeping the crack addicts of XKNS and AceNS Pro safe!

Last edited by Goffrier, Jan 27, 2019
    zoogie likes this.
  16. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    looking at https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp
    Future maintenance schedule is happening
    Date and time
    Online play of some software
    From Sunday, January 27, 2019 4 :50 PM - Sunday, January 27, 2019 6 :30 PM Pacific Time

Nintendo eShop
    From Sunday, January 27, 2019 5 :00 PM - Monday, January 28, 2019 4 :00 AM Pacific Time

and
    Online play of some software
    From Tuesday, January 29, 2019 4 :50 PM - Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6 :30 PM Pacific Time

Last edited by Ryupower, Jan 27, 2019
  17. Freezerbomb
    This message by Freezerbomb has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jan 28, 2019, Reason: No need for that.
    Jan 28, 2019
  18. jt_1258

jt_1258 Human?

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    Hence why I mentioned Apple, they are the most repulsive company I know of.

DaveLister, cucholix and ShonenJump like this.
  19. Daddy Horror

Daddy Horror GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    guys this is about the update or lack of only, keep it clean please or argue in some other thread.

cucholix likes this.
  20. wizra
    This message by wizra has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 28, 2019, Reason: Settle down..
    Jan 28, 2019
  21. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    you're not my real dad

TPMJB and Erol like this.
  22. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Welcome to a garyopa thread.