1. Justeego

Justeego Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Pokébank doesn't delete your pokémon, but if you change console not doing the system transfer you lose all, I think that linking NNID to users will prevent this shit happening

2. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    First - Sony allows 6 months after your sub ends, and since it's not a part of Gold, it's forever on Xbox. Your saves go with your account, and that could mean a weekend away at your mates on their console, what's your problem here - instant delete is a dick move by Nintendo, end of story.

Second - Nintendo's online stinks: compared to what Gold has always been, and what Plus has been since they started charging it's a shambles, almost hilariously bad.. certainly not worth paying for, whereas Plus and Gold are more of an evil necessity: you still begrudge paying for them, but at least you know you're getting a good service for your money.

Third - How much is the rrp of the NES mini? I feel I need say no more... (and I don't see most complaining about the NES releases anyway..)

3. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    Shit... I knew that this fuckers wanna delete saves... Even if it is 20$ it isn't worth it... Cloud saves just be free or possible to have it on media storage same as other have. Also i do not give shit about old NES games that I already have. Nice try Nintendo but you fucken miss.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    How can anyone blindly defend them now?

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    this is like being talked into taking your friend's ugly sister to a dance. you don't wanna do it, but I will if you pay me. Nintendo should be paying me the $20.

Subtle Demise and wiewiec like this.
  6. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    and now i don't feel guilty of being banned or Pirating their shit wtg nintendo you lost a lot of sales and a whole lot of lost sales because of that dick move

7. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

United States
    Their online service is shit as hell. This is something that can't be defended or they will never get their shit together to work on a current gen online infrastructure.

Cant you see that even the dreamcast, a console from 1998 had better online features than the switch? THAT'S FUCKING SAD AS HELL.

How the hell can there be people defwnding this crap?

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Sep 15, 2018
    DarthDub and wiewiec like this.
  8. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

United States
    While the complaints here are valid, I simply cannot get behind any of them. I just can't justify in my mind boycotting a service that I would need to pay for to play with my friends, or even people online, because it is going to cost me a grand total of near $1.67 (before taxes) a month. I just don't see how that is something worth the time to complain about. Sure, it is kind of awful that we had the service for free for a year and a half and now we half to pay for it, but does it really matter that much, as somebody earlier said (I don't remember who) it is literally pocket change if you pay in bulk. Just go a day without a coffee and you'll be able to pay for it that month.

Now, for the cloud saves, they should change it to be dependent on the amount of time you had the service (i.e. a year grants you a month afterward to download your saves). Otherwise, people would pay $4 for one month to get cloud saves and then they wouldn't ever have to pay again.

NOTE: I am not saying that Nintendo's service is any good. It certainly isn't, and not worth paying for, but I can't defend those saying that paying $1.67 a month for something is disturbing them. Hell, most people lose $1.67 in a month.

Last edited by blujay, Sep 15, 2018
  9. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

United Kingdom
    Guys I know what happened to Luigi's saves.

Luigi cancelled his Nintendo online subscription so his save data got thwomped.

It all makes sense now :)

Tiger21820, Jonna and kumikochan like this.
  10. geodeath

geodeath GBAtemp Regular

Well, I personally care as with an xbox account, not even a gold, all my saves are online. When I bought the x, all I had to do is login to the console and boom all my saves where there no subscription needed. If you want to transfer your saves on the switch it is impossible, and with the added worry of dropping it, losing or having it stolen, it means bye bye to all your saves. Was there a free alternative such as USB or sd card backup I would treat cloud saves as a luxury but as of now, it's the only way to get your hands on your saves other than hacking it.

Add to that, that when you send your console for ANY repair, even bend gate or joycons disconnecting, your console gets wiped. So yeah. There is a point about them.

Last edited by geodeath, Sep 15, 2018
    DarthDub, wiewiec and Subtle Demise like this.
  11. DeslotlCL

United States
    That's not the point. If you are going to charge someone for a service, even if you charge 50 cents for it, you have to know that people expect something that justifies what they are paying for.

Nintendo's online multiplayer games were perfectly fine being free, but if they are going to charge you for what is the exact same online infrastructure, then there is no justification for that.

DarthDub, wiewiec and Subtle Demise like this.
  12. anakinvm

anakinvm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You just get what you pay for then, a pretty poor and boring service for 20 bucks a year (cheap considering the competition prices).

wiewiec, jarbar3000 and blujay like this.
  13. PedroKeitawa

PedroKeitawa GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    On this topic...what if my two user name i create have two different NNID? My major one is connect to a Euorpean accoun and the second is connect to a Japanese NNID. So what happen, only one can stay? Or i will be able to jump around if i have a NNID from Japan connect to the second user?

14. Spunky247

Spunky247 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Come on Nintendo. This is really bullshit!
    I will never ever pay for your online Service!
    What Nintendo offers sounds really poor to me :-(

wiewiec likes this.
  15. eworm

eworm GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Okay, somebody needs to actually provide me with something to back up the "Nintendo's online is shit" claim. I've been playing Nintendo games online for quite a while now and I haven't encountered so much as a lag. It's hard for me to believe I'm just the luckiest player on planet Earth.

PedroKeitawa likes this.
  16. DeslotlCL

United States
    Playing since the ds/wii days. Their p2p system is awful as hell and relies on the player connection. Brawl was a laggy mess, specially if you were outside of usa. Sm4sh still is a laggy mess. Mario kart wii played kind of fine, but the items awful hit detection and players teletransportation is still seen this day on mario kart 8. Mario sports mix was laggy as hell. Mario tennis open/ultra smash/aces are laggy as hell...

cvskid and Supster131 like this.
  17. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is the most retarded thing Ive heard.
    I really hope people dont buy their service and have them rethink what they are doing .

wiewiec and the_randomizer like this.
  18. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Are the cloud saves mandatory? I mean, games with cloud saves only save in the cloud, or can we choose where to save?
    The service still doesn't interest me one bit, and find the NES arcade a bit of a letdown. Heck, why not SNES games, and the same old NES games that we are tired of seeing being released in every Nintendo system? I was hoping they would present a surprise in the form of a SNES a month, or something.

Oh, well...

wiewiec and the_randomizer like this.
  19. Multimegamander

Multimegamander GBAtemp Regular

United States
    And this is why I don't feel bad about pirating their games

20. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Why does everyone care about the cloud saves being deleted if your sub ends? The only way this would be a problem is if you're seriously too broke to afford $20 *AND* your Switch just happens to break while you're couch diving for your YEARLY internet fee. Besides, it's not like them being deleted deletes them off your console. Even deleting the game doesn't do that.

Because some of us realize that bandwidth doesn't grow on trees, and that with Nintendo doing what its fans asked for by adding TONS of 3rd party games to the eShop, some of those *3rd party games that Nintendo didn't make* use their online service to connect. Asking $20 for the ENTIRE YEAR really isn't unfair at all, and honestly anyone complaining CLEARLY doesn't have a job, or is EXTREMELY petty with their money.

21. AbyssalMonkey

AbyssalMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    I'm fine with all the complaints people have with the saves. It's actual shit and people are free to (and should!) raise complaints about it.

I will never, however, understand why people demand services for free. You are not using third party servers to access games, you are using Nintendo servers. To demand Nintendo give server space away for free because it was like that in the past is the epitome of entitlement. I said it in the previous thread, I'll say it in this one too: You sound like a whiny adult who got kicked out of his parent's house because you haven't got a job, are going to school, or paying rent. It was free in the past because it was value added and didn't cost a significant amount of money to run. As time has gone on, this has changed. More people are using online services for more things, and this means the data and processing power required to run these servers has increased. You are no longer children, and Nintendo has come to demand rent.

You can point your fingers at PC and proclaim "But it's free here!" and you're wrong. You are not going through anyone's servers except the developer/publisher's ones. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you won't need Nintendo online for third party services like Netflix or such. The smart ones will realize that this is because you aren't routing data through Nintendo servers to access this data.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, details, service