Nintendo Girls Club

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pretty much, hence my earlier "demeaning" point, but I suppose "little girl princesses" enjoy a role model like that.
not persay like i would say, but out oh so good commumity tells them they need to be like this, which is pretty much flawed in itself, much like the model role model...

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo; "We must make a separate channel for girls specifically, because they do not like normal boys games."

So, uh, this is a thing. But really, is this necessary? I mean, I understand that's its marketing, but...this is laughable.

You ladies could never understand men gaming
gosh

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
In my experience, the differences between the interests of boys and girls are much greater than those of men and women. This is probably primarily based on what parents expect them to enjoy, but that's beside the point. When it comes to barbie dolls vs pretending to go on adventures slaying dragons (or just blowing shit up), more girls are going to play with barbie dolls.

Reactions: gamefan5

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
hpsy6qi.png

EDIT: So where's my Nintendo Boys Club? :angry:
Or my Nintendo Walrus' Club? :angry:

STOP BEING SUCH SEXIST PIGS NINTENDO GOSH THIS ISN'T THE 90S ANYMORE GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In my experience, the differences between the interests of boys and girls are much greater than those of men and women. This is probably primarily based on what parents expect them to enjoy, but that's beside the point. When it comes to barbie dolls vs pretending to go on adventures slaying dragons (or just blowing shit up), more girls are going to play with barbie dolls.
That's very true, but not without external reasons. Little girls play with barbie dolls and ponies because they're told them that this is what they're supposed to do. It's not an innate gender role - you're not born liking Barbie. As TwinRetro accurately pointed out, this sort of thing contributes to further segregation of the already segregated gaming community for years to come, it's basically like saying "you're very welcome to game with us, girls - here's *your* games, we'll go and enjoy our *games for boys* elsewhere". Sure, you end up with "girl gamers" in the long run, but segregated nonetheless.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the thing is that the differences arent that big at all.

let us take dolls as an example, yes girls play with dolls but many boys do too!
Dont believe me?
They just named then action figurines.

and that is just one of many examples.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
That's very true, but not without external reasons. Little girls play with barbie dolls and ponies because they're told them that this is what they're supposed to do.
I said that in my post. I also said it doesn't matter. It's not a bad thing for girls to be interested in that stuff. Most of them enjoy it, and will probably enjoy a "girls club".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I said that in my post. I also said it doesn't matter. It's not a bad thing for girls to be interested in that stuff. Most of them enjoy it, and will probably enjoy a "girls club".
Oh, they definitely will - my point is, I'm not sure if a "Nintendo Kids Club" where little boys and girls play video games together wouldn't be a better idea if the younger demographic was what they were aiming for. Y'know - conveys the message that gaming is for everybody, boys and girls alike. I'm not saying that this is a poor marketing strategy - it's a good one, little girls will lap it up, I'm just looking at the matter from a more "social" point of view.

In addition, this target audience can quickly disappear. Those girls will grow up in a couple of years, grow out of Barbies and ponies and will never game again. If they were born and bred with a controller, they might stick around for longer as "actual gamers" instead of just "girl gamers".

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I'd love to point to a few research papers on the subject, but in general, it's society, which creates such ideas, not the children. I do agree that men and women have less restrictions, but they're not really due to girls not wanting to do X or boys not wanting to do Y. But I digress.

But seriously, what the... How much more could you read from a paper next to the camera and pretend to be interested? ;O;

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Foxi doesn't like blondes :glare:

but but..but how doesnt he not like blondes? wasn't it blonde's master race or something like that? :unsure:

oh yeah.. now i got it.. Foxi4 is from Poland, and the polish think they gonna get invaded every time they see a blonde person ;O;

im just joking by the way. peace and love.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh gee... This was awful. Gamers are gamers, as others have said.
Girl gamers and Boy gamers all have this one thing in common: They all have different taste!
I enjoy Cooking Mama, and some girl might enjoy Call of Duty. Don't get me wrong when I bring up "Casual" now,
but there are a lot of "Casual girl gamers" that enjoy random facebook games and the sims. My ex was one of those. The thing is, there are just as many "Casual boy gamers"!
Video gaming doesn't need any more sexism shit... argh!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s