smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
To be fair, Nintendo would rather dump a ROM and place it online for a fee than to take the time to fix a ROM and then upload it. It's Nintendo being Nintendo.
This. I'm surprised they bothered changing the button prompts in 3D All Stars.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I think paying customers should be able to expect a better quality product.
For sure; I'm pretty sure most people (including me) were expecting proper remakes, like the recent Crash Bandicoot and Spyro releases.
Darn it, I want to play Mario 64 with improved controls and graphics so much...

Reactions: Deleted User

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a point to be made here that their intent is to keep the game as originally released, with any issues that might entail. Those who have played Mario All-Stars and wish to replay it may be used to the different jumping physics - and it's not as if you don't have access to the original NES releases as well.

But I know that isn't nearly as "Nintendo bad" as y'all are fishing for, so....
Lazy Nintendo not even changing their ROMs :hateit:

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

OP
There's a point to be made here that their intent is to keep the game as originally released, with any issues that might entail. Those who have played Mario All-Stars and wish to replay it may be used to the different jumping physics - and it's not as if you don't have access to the original NES releases as well.

But I know that isn't nearly as "Nintendo bad" as y'all are fishing for, so....
Lazy Nintendo not even changing their ROMs :hateit:
It's easy to offer both versions and include an option when booting the game. Nintendo compromised quality by taking the approach which uses the least time and effort.
Would you like to play the updated version with corrected jumping physics? Select yes if you are not sure.
Yes No

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easy to offer both versions and include an option when booting the game. Nintendo compromised quality by taking the approach which uses the least time and effort.
That is true, but it's equally possible - probable, even - that Nintendo internally doesn't see the jumping bug as a bug, but rather just how Mario All-Stars is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China