Nintendo Forecasting 17.76 Million Switches by March 3rd 2018

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by T-hug, Jan 31, 2018.

1. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Yeah... Not Sony this time

2. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    I have high hopes for the systems future. It's doing well. Hopefully this extremely positive light will give developers more incentive to give us quality games. Like you said.

3. Bonestorm

Bonestorm Banned

Banned
    Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    Maybe not, the PS4 and Switch are gonna sell gangbusters though, good for gaming all around.

Memoir and kprovost7314 like this.
  4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Bought my Switch (And Wii U) for Splatoon. Anything else coming along is a bonus for me, but I play Splatoon daily.

5. Carnelian

Carnelian GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    This tablet doesn’t deserves it success...

6. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Banned
    Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Infinitely more than Sony and Moneysofts' launch lineup. And even well into their mid-to-late year... Nintendo is doing leagues better than they are with releasing first party stuff within their first year.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

... what? LOL.

DarthDub likes this.
  7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    @T-hug I like the picture, reminds me of NBA Jam, that game used to be on fire, too bad no one cares about it now. :P

8. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    Monster Hunter worlds would stand out more on the switch with the fewer games it has vs ps4......

9. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    TBH it's your own fault if you bought a WiiU. These games are much better with the portable factor added anyway. For brand new stuff there was Xenoblade 2 last month and Celeste + Blossom Tales this month, though I'm sure you'll narrow your criteria down to only AAA titles next.

Lots of recent Steam ports worth playing on the eShop too. It doesn't matter if it's a port if it's new to you. A lot have been good enough to force a re-buy from me.

[​IMG]

Last edited by Xzi, Feb 1, 2018
    Noctosphere likes this.
  10. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    I really hope this won't make them think they did everything correctly ...

The Switch has its flaws like horrible small controller that kind if force you to buy a pro controller and the thing beeing underpowered and still expensive...

11. Elysium420

Elysium420 Shitposting bastard

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    That tablet has some of the best games that have come out lately and if you are a PC gamer like me, that's your first choice, not the PS4 or Xbox One.

DarthDub likes this.
  12. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    People only complain about joycons as full console controllers, but they're much better portable controllers than what either 3DS or Vita have, and that's mostly the point. You don't have to get a Pro controller for stationary play, either, Switch is compatible with a million different controllers, so it's kind of a silly complaint.

Underpowered or too expensive, pick one. If you want a more powerful portable you'll have to go with the GPD Win 2 for $650, more than double the price of Switch. Short of that, Switch is the most powerful portable on the market.

DarthDub likes this.
  13. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I really think Nintendo is selling you the console for portable use, where the joycons excel, with the option to use it temporarily as a home console with the joycons but expecting you to get pro controllers if you're going to use it like that for a long time.

And regarding the pro controllers, they're great, I don't see reasons not to buy them, specially given those beautiful collector's editions like Xenoblade 's or Splatoon's. Sure I'm piling them up.

DarthDub and Xzi like this.
  14. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I bought a pro controller, they are great (best battery life by a mile), but I also use my SF30Pro with Switch and occasionally a Gamecube controller because why not. Most people already have Switch-compatible controllers lying around somewhere. In an early FW update Nintendo unlocked pretty much every USB controller except XB1 and PS4.

15. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    In trouble how?
    Nintendo appeals to an -entirely- different market. It has its own set of exclusives, where most other appealing games on the Switch are indies on the PC.
    They might as well exist in two separate universes, Nintendo doesn't affect Sony and Microsoft in any way.

DrkBeam and Memoir like this.
  16. BORTZ

BORTZ Tired of being the good guy

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    The Switch is crushing this time around. I hope it keeps rolling on and I for sure think it can beat the SNES... I have no idea what you nay-sayers are smoking.

DarthDub likes this.
  17. sarkwalvein

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Sounds conservative but very realistic. I personally think it will end up landing around the X360 sales numbers, pure speculation of course.

18. BORTZ

BORTZ Tired of being the good guy

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Yeah I am under no illusions that the Switch will attain PS2 or DS levels of sales. The PS2 was a double whammy back in 2001 since it could play DVDs. A DVD player back then was $500+ but a PS2 could play games AND DVDs for half the price. Of course this lead to may of the units burning up and needing replaced with one of the revisions but who cares, people loved it. The DS was revolutionary in terms of showing how touch screens can be more than just a gimmick for games.

The Switch has the console on the go gimmick but we will see if its enough to push its sales.

19. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    They cost $70

20. sarkwalvein

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    But that is not that expensive compared to any other quality gamepad.
    I am not so broken to be living in the streets (yet) or something else to consider that a reason.
    A reason would be something like "they are bad quality", "the design is horrible", "they are uncomfortable in the hands", "battery life is too short", etc. (all of them quite the opposite to the actual thing)

DarthDub likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice