Nintendo Forecasting 17.76 Million Switches by March 3rd 2018

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by T-hug, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Proust

Proust Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2017
    Swaziland
    *months for those who are actually done with ports and who were wanting to have a NEW experience on a NEW console.

2. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    Okay, maybe kick-ass was an exaggeration, but it actually had a pretty good one. Nobody precisely knows the specs, but we do know that it's a relatively recent AMD Radeon.

3. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2015
    United States
    here's a really good video of the Wii u specs and where exactly it succeeds and fails. Tldr, it's the strongest console of when it came out but was passed when the next gen fully hit.

SirNapkin1334 likes this.
  4. leon315
    This message by leon315 has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 31, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 31, 2018
  5. bi388
    This message by bi388 has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 31, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 31, 2018
  6. Memoir
    This message by Memoir has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 31, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 31, 2018
  7. StarTrekVoyager
    This message by StarTrekVoyager has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 31, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 31, 2018
  8. bi388
    This message by bi388 has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 31, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 31, 2018
  9. leon315
    This message by leon315 has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 31, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 31, 2018
  10. yardie
    This message by yardie has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 31, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 31, 2018
  11. bi388
    Jan 31, 2018
  12. leon315
    Jan 31, 2018
  13. Minox

Minox I did it

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    This is neither the place for pissing contests nor bragging about/discussing computer specs.

DarthDub, bi388 and rileysrjay like this.
  14. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Are you talking about the Xbox One or the Nintendo Switch?

15. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Best damn portable I've ever used. Doesn't use proprietary memory cards (cough cough vita) Overall it's a fantastic system.

16. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    >17.76

God bless America.

DarthDub and BORTZ like this.
  17. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    LOL. Good catch.

BORTZ likes this.
  18. Bonestorm

Bonestorm Banned

Banned
    Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    You do realize the PS4 has probably the most exclusive games of any console since PS2 right....right?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Weird as hell, your proud of a company who doesn't know you exist.

19. MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    No, but the problem is... people doesn't buy a console for their exclusives...

Data:
    PS4 Sold Worldwide: 73.6m

Uncharted 4 Sold Worldwide: 9.82m
    The Last of us Remastered Sold Worldwide: 6.02m
    Uncharted Collection Sold Worldwide: 5.33m
    Horizon Zero Dawn Sold Worldwide: 4.30m
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Sold Worldwide: 3.15m
    Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: 1.61m

Those are the exclusives I have from 25 games on my PS4, and look at the sales on a 70m PS4 sold units.

% of people having these games...

Uncharted 4: 13.34%
    The Last of us Remastered: 8.17%
    Uncharted Collection: 7.24%
    Horizon Zero Dawn: 5.84%
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy: 4.27%
    Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: 2.18%

Just one example of a non exclusive Third Party game...

Grand Theft Auto V Sold Worldwide: 16.52m
    Grand Theft Auto V: 22.44% of the People with a PS4 have this game... more than the most iconic game from PS4 (Uncharted 4: 13.34%)...

20. bi388

May 29, 2015
    United States
    How many are good though? for my ps4 I own *counts* ...8 exclusives. Of those, only 3 are not remastered posts of ps2/3 games. Of those 3, id say one was amazing, one was good and one was meh. And theres 0 ps4 exclusives i dont own i have any interest in getting, besides maybe hzd. I already think the switch has a better exclusive library then the ps4 if you discount old system ports but count simultaneous releases. Switch has odyssey, botw, xenoblade 2, mario and rabbids and splatoon 2. Ps4 has bloodborne, uncharted 4... horizon... until dawn? peters out really quickly

21. Bonestorm

Bonestorm Banned

Banned
    Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    Do I have to be that guy that posts the list of exclusives games on PS4? just because you only seem to know the popular ones doesn't mean other people aren't actually gamers.

22. bi388

May 29, 2015
    United States
    I said how many are GOOD. Posting a list of all of them doesnt answer my question at all. I guess i forgot persona 5, but besides that no theres really nothing it has that interests me. And nice job assuming i dont know its other games and am therefore not a good gamer. Maybe they just dont interest me? The ps4 library is not very good. And I OWN one. Almost all its best games are rereleases of old games. I have every sony system minus vita so dont you dare accuse me of being a nintendo fanboy.

23. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    Exclusives don't mean anything if they're not being bought up. That's kind of the point. You can have a list as long as you'd like.. If only a small percentage of the system owners have bought it? What relevance is it?

... Of course, this argument is subjective.

Last edited by Memoir, Feb 1, 2018
    DarthDub likes this.
  24. Bonestorm

Bonestorm Banned

Banned
    Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    I'm not talking about sales the PS4 is ahead of the competition for other reasons completely, but the dude said the PS4 is not a great console and doesn't have exclusive games which is complete bullshit obviously he named 4 games I can name maybe 15 just from 2018.

Anyway I'm not arguing anymore, I didn't realize this board was so Nintendo fan boyish honestly. The Switch has like 4 exclusives I'm SURE it will get more but to talk about it like its in the same range as PS4 right now is crazy.

DrkBeam and Memoir like this.
  25. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    The Switch is a special case for special folk. I enjoy mine, but I won't treat it like a holy book.

26. bi388

May 29, 2015
    United States
    You're completely misquoting me. I said it doesn't have good exclusives. Many times I corrected you and you ignored me. It has exclusives. But very few are good. Like max 5 are worth buying imo.

27. Bonestorm

Bonestorm Banned

Banned
    Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

OK Bud
    The switch concept is phenomenal I just hope the ramp up game production and make a smaller switch mini that is actually portable and can go in your pocket.

Memoir likes this.
  28. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Someone needs to knock the PS2 off of its pedestal

29. Bonestorm

Bonestorm Banned

Banned
    Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    PS4 is well on it's way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice