Hacking Nintendo financials equals no better time for hacking the Wii U

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, the Wii made Nintendo a BOAT load of cash but that well is dry. After seeing this,
http://www.justpushstart.com/2014/01/nintendo-adjusts-forecast-¥55-billion-profit-¥25-billion-loss/

....I wonder what changes are in store for Nintendo? My daughter loved her Wii U at first but since first party titles are few and far between and with 3rd party games pretty much sucking, she hardly plays on it. She's waiting for Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong. And after that, what? Zelda in another year? Miiverse blows compared to what you get on the PS3/4 and Xbox, 360 and XBOne.

If some USB loader would to be released, I'm sure sales of the Wii U would climb a bit but if things continue, who knows.....maybe N will go the way of Sega and drop the the console market (but stay in the handheld business) and license their software out to Sony and MS because they can't make consoles with staying power for sh*t.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I saw a link to a post that says Nintendo has $10 billion, I don't think Nintendo is going to port their titles to M$ or $ony with that much assets on hand.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same BS that always comes up. How many "Nintendo is doomed" threads must be created. IF you want to have Nintendo exclusives then you will support Nintendo. If not, and it does fail, you won't get those exclusives on Xbone/PS4. People keep cheering for Nintendo to die so they get exclusives on other systems and it solves the issues with nintendo not working forf third party multi-plats.

Reactions: T Link7

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Last time I checked, Nintendo had more cash than the Sony's or Microsoft's gaming divisions.
Also, people seem to think that Nintendo is unable to make powerful systems, which is hardly the case, just look at the she's, n64 and the GameCube.

The main issue with Nintendo is precisely what makes them unique, they want be different and invest in different things, like te Wiimote, two screens in a game system, 3D screens and now the tablet controller. As for the DS and 3DS, there's no doubt those gimmicks work well, I mean, like them or not, they sure trump over their competitors. The Wii u though, is severely lacking graphics wise compare to the others, but that ain't the main issue here, Nintendo has the typical mindset of a Japanese corporation, unlike Sony and Microsoft, which makes things harder on themselves.

Well, I say this, but the game I enjoyed the most on the Wii was detective Conan, Pandoras Tower, Demonized and Last Story were great token, but they only came at the end of the console's life. I'll get a Wii U once X, Fire Emblem x SMT and a few other rpgs get released. Same goes for the PS4, all I care about are rpgs or detective like games.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Admitting one's mistakes is the step in the right direction, as opposed to trying to deny them or cover them up with some lame-ass excuse. Why hasn't Kaz Hirai gotten flak for the Vita?

Link Shed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please delete this thread, it is pathetic. Nintendo will not die. They have plenty of money to last them 6 more generations of failing consoles. You will never see Nintendo first party titles on other systems. If anything Nintendo would strictly go handheld, which is something that I personally would never want. Nintendo will try again with another home console next generation, and I for one hopefully it succeeds. I have both an xbox and a wii u (along with every other single nintendo system still hooked up) I will always hold nintendo above the other. I understand Nintendo decisions as of late are not to my favor, but I have faith they will turn their ways around to days of old and make a comeback. Now please close this worthless thread.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If some USB loader would to be released, I'm sure sales of the Wii U would climb a bit....
hF31AE28E

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiU sales are down, but 3DS still outsells everything... so make a 3DS player for the WiiU. YEAH THAT'S THE TICKET!

Reactions: Maxternal

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has a solid track record of more often than naught, releasing underpowered consoles AND/OR horrible 3rd party support with very few exceptions.....(Golden Eye on the N64 was a great game). They should just make 1st party games for Sony and MS. Cry all you want, the truth always hurts. Their online service SUCKS so bad it isn't funny. If they had their head on straight, they would have released DLC for Mario Kart on the Wii, new levels for NSMB, new galaxies for SMG 1/2 but I guess they're to arrogant to sit down with a Playstation or Xbox and take note about how much life can be added to games by releasing DLC. Sony and MS know all to well how to release DLC. Nintendo.....not so much. It's ignorant choices like this that are driving me away. Crappy hardware and crappy 3rd party games. That's why I say, hack this b*tch wide open. How many 3rd party developers are going to bother writing games for the Wii U when nobody is buying them? This is one of the flawed arguments that hackers spout off about why they don't hack the Wii U......because it would lead to piracy which would driver developers away. I wonder if the piracy on the PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3 drove developers away? Answer, NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. All those consoles were eventually blown wide open and Sony and MS sold their systems left and right AND developers STILL made games for them. ((On a side note, the Wii U has better security than the Wii and hackers have been shut out but that's another story for another thread.))

Engi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If some USB loader would to be released, I'm sure sales of the Wii U would climb a bit but if things continue, who knows.....maybe N will go the way of Sega and drop the the console market (but stay in the handheld business) and license their software out to Sony and MS because they can't make consoles with staying power for sh*t.

Console sales increase, game sales will drop. It's game sales that will increase nintendo's profit.

In any case... Yes, nintendo made many mistakes this gen, yes, they are having a bad time, and no, for the 1000th time, nintendo won't become 3rd party because of this.

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The day Ninty goes the Sega way is the day I stop playing VG's in general.
Ninty is old school and to me you just can't have a world of video games without Nintendo and Mario.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Companies make more money on games sales, not consoles. If those console buyers never bought games (and pirates won't), it wouldn't help at all.

kimotori

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I agree with the post "weird" ..
For now the 'only console nintendo, that deserves attention is the 3ds.
All efforts will be on it.

The rest is just useless words

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs