Nintendo files with the FCC for a SNES controller compatible with the Nintendo Switch

t0vK7B1.png

It's been a long wait, but it seems like we're getting ever so much closer to playing Super Nintendo games on the Nintendo Switch in an official format. A new update on the FCC indicates that Nintendo has filed the documentation for a wireless SNES controller, compatible with the Switch. The image on the FCC only shows the back of the controller, but it also shows the supposed model number--HAC-042--which is the naming scheme used for other official first-party Switch hardware. Next month marks a full year since Nintendo began offering their Nintendo Switch Online services, so the company could be preparing to give users a reason to re-subscribe to another year of NSO, in order to play Super Nintendo games. Previously, Nintendo released NES controllers compatible with the Nintendo Switch, which could be purchased by users that had an active subscription to Nintendo Switch Online.

:arrow: Source

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With the NES thing I never understood why they release games so slowly, instead of basically just releasing the entire, or large part of, the library, or at least in large batches instead of what they do now. Are we supposed to be excited about being able to play a few old nes games every month?
I honestly hope SNES won't be paid vc and will be included in the nintendo online sub.

D

Deleted User

Dude... asking if you should get excited for playing old games... when most of you are paying for a service that's actually free in terms of emulation.... literally... with all the library of games...

And now you're gonna pay for SNES titles that, yet again, can be played for free... and on top of it, restricted titles because NIntendo is kind of a bitch recently.

Reactions: DuoForce

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
With the NES thing I never understood why they release games so slowly, instead of basically just releasing the entire, or large part of, the library, or at least in large batches instead of what they do now. Are we supposed to be excited about being able to play a few old nes games every month?
I honestly hope SNES won't be paid vc and will be included in the nintendo online sub.

they better do that or else no one is going to update their sub, unless ya know, people who play smash online.

iyenal

iyenal222
Trophies
XP
Country
France
> Paying for a Nintendo Online subscription for that "because it's on Switch"
Meanwhile on Wii you can almost play all the VC games from the NES to the Wii by the N64 for free
> Human vulnerability or stupidity to marketing confirmed at its best point

Nintendo Online is and will just stay a big joke

Last edited by iyenal,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They're...patenting their own snes controllers? :unsure:

Hmm...

*meanwhile, not that long ago with FCC*

Nintendo (by mail): dear FCC. We hereby want to register our next prototype: a snes controller that'll be compatible with the switch.
FCC: oooookay. Sure. Whatever you say. But why? You already own both the technologies for the snes controller and the switch.
Nintendo: yes...and rather than do a traditional announcement or even a direct, we'll try the indirect approach: leave breadcrumbs around the internet so our fans will be more hyped as to what's to come.
FCC: ah. Is that why you're only registering the back of your next prototype?
Nintendo: damn right. We'll register the front when the hype train's in full swing. B-)
FCC: erm...
Nintendo: you've been...marketed. :tpi:

(btw: document author: "F6996122" Does that mean nintendo is represented by inmates? :creep:)

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They're...patenting their own snes controllers? :unsure:

Hmm...

*meanwhile, not that long ago with FCC*

Nintendo (by mail): dear FCC. We hereby want to register our next prototype: a snes controller that'll be compatible with the switch.
FCC: oooookay. Sure. Whatever you say. But why? You already own both the technologies for the snes controller and the switch.
Nintendo: yes...and rather than do a traditional announcement or even a direct, we'll try the indirect approach: leave breadcrumbs around the internet so our fans will be more hyped as to what's to come.
FCC: ah. Is that why you're only registering the back of your next prototype?
Nintendo: damn right. We'll register the front when the hype train's in full swing. B-)
FCC: erm...
Nintendo: you've been...marketed. :tpi:

(btw: document author: "F6996122" Does that mean nintendo is represented by inmates? :creep:)

Inb4 they only did this to sue 8BitDo SNES-like wireless controller :^)

Potato Paste

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> Paying for a Nintendo Online subscription for that "because it's on Switch"
Meanwhile on Wii you can almost play all the VC games from the NES to the Wii by the N64 for free
> Human vulnerability or stupidity to marketing confirmed at its best point

Nintendo Online is and will just stay a big joke

Paying for console subscriptions for that "because it's on the [Console]"
Meanwhile on PC you can almost play all the games from the Atari to the PS4 for free
>Human vulnerability or stupidity to marketing confirmed at its best point

Console gaming is and will just stay a big joke.

fixed that for 4 u m8

iyenal

iyenal222
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Paying for console subscriptions for that "because it's on the [Console]"
Meanwhile on PC you can almost play all the games from the Atari to the PS4 for free
>Human vulnerability or stupidity to marketing confirmed at its best point

Console gaming is and will just stay a big joke.

fixed that for 4 u m8

thx m8 totally right

Reactions: Potato Paste

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It will be great if it will not be only for online scubscribers - I am not interested with this crap they offering now. Wonder if they also do analogs - it will be almost same as SN30 Pro :P

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all