Nintendo files with the FCC for a SNES controller compatible with the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:45 PM.

1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    its up to the developers of each game, some games have dedicated servers while other use p2p, most ps4 games and such nowadays have dedicated servers the famous ones atleast like cod and such, but nintendo its all p2p, not a single nintendo online game has dedicated servers, that is why mario maker 2 online sucks ass and its such a simple game to lag that much is just sad.

wiewiec likes this.
  2. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Johnton likes this.
  3. viral777

viral777 mecha connoisseur

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    You could literally just DIY yourself a real snes controller to be wireless with 8bitdo's mod. It'll only cost a fraction of the price...

4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
  5. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I still see no reason to buy Nintendo online. I don't give a fuck about SNES or NES games, lol. My friend has it, and the online goes to shit quite often in games like Smash and Mario Maker.

Bladexdsl and wiewiec like this.
  6. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Apparently, good for you.

7. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I'm guessing that there'll be around 10-15 SNES games at "launch", then 2 SNES + 1 NES game each month after that.

Of course they did. And you'll have no problem finding a source to back this claim up, I presume?

Nerdtendo likes this.
  8. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I'd just get the 8bitdo ones. They're actually really nice, I have 2 of them.

Xzi likes this.
  9. Xzi

Xzi A terrible fate fills you with determination

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    A lot of circlejerking over the use of emulators/ROMs going on here, but to state the obvious: people with hacked Switches aren't the target audience of free content that comes with an online subscription. Just like people who pirate all their games aren't the target audience for Sony's monthly PS+ giveaways.

Anyway...I'll stick with my 8bitdo controller, but I'm happy to finally see some indication that SNES VC is on the way. There are actually quite a few games with staying power in the SNES library, hopefully some of them are included at launch.

Last edited by Xzi, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:47 AM
    RedBlueGreen and Pleng like this.
  10. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    I have question about this patent if there is sth more in patent document, or it is only shape. I think patenting shape is similar to what Apple tried to do when they paten fight the Samsung - patenting shape of rectangle. If this is same kind of crap 8bitDo probably will be fore to use sth else.

11. Snugglevixen
    This message by Snugglevixen has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:41 PM, Reason: Not image board.
    Aug 14, 2019 at 12:27 PM
  12. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    its not a patent, its an fcc filing

13. Taffy

Taffy If specified, this will replace the title that...

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Student
    8bitdo SN30Pro user here. Mine has greater compatibility and won't be locked to the VC app. Also works with anything that uses bluetooth.

I think I paired it to my ipod once. An ipod nano.

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  14. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Grabbed the SF30Pro myself because I like the Super Famicom button colour better. They're great. They may not have HD rumble or anything, but if you're playing a game with a pro controller I doubt you care much about that anyway. They're pretty sturdy feeling, every other third party pro controller I've used hasn't been very sturdy feeling IMO (though I haven't used Hori ones yet).

They 8bitdo ones work really well for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, Aug 15, 2019 at 3:09 AM
  15. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Born in '04, living in '96.

May 4, 2018
    United States
    HACK YES (meant to spell it that way)

16. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    That's great, but would you care to explain what message you were actually trying to convey?