United States
  2. SoulOfGazza

SoulOfGazza Member
    Newcomer

Albania
    Ripped off by uberchips ?

get your money back now from the owner

https://gbatemp.net/members/game_over_tom.470551/

message to gary bowser - tell Max your boss I have passed on all the details to the law firm involved linking him and you to axiogame so expect some papers through the door any day soon
    Told you I wouldn't forget you ripping me off

3. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    It includes SX OS which circumvents copy protection and it's entire purpose is for installing that CFW, which allows you to pirate things. So it's illegal under the DMCA. It doesn't matter that it also allows you to run homebrew, it was designed to circumvent copy protection, which it does.

It's objective fact that it violates the DMCA, and falls under what they define as a prohibited product.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, May 19, 2020
    Memoir likes this.
  4. TVL

TVL #|

Sweden
    They did survive the lawsuits filed against them for selling modchips and premodded consoles though... Sony killed them four years later with their lawsuit for selling the PSP to markets where it wasn't released yet. You probably knew that though.

Regarding what is happening with this case I don't think they need to be right, they just let the company they are after bleed to death in court, like Sony also did with the people who made Bleem.

5. realtimesave

realtimesave Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    MaxConsole aka Gary OPA got into the bad business habit of selling pirated software through service and USB stick (True Blue, not the Madonna album though).

I got perm banned from maxconsole after refusing to review the True Blue and deleting my post of some software that allowed you (for pay) to illegally download copyrighted material possibly directly from Nintendo's servers.

A user called xaiNiax on there recovered my deleted review and re-posted it without my permission but who cares, that shit probably doesn't work any more anyways.

Furthermore, it is funny that everyone knows Max L. owns all of this. Gary has not much money so it doesn't help to go directly after him (nor would I wish anything to happy to Gary anyways, or Max for that matter). These guys have brought us some excellent products and updates.

I can't say that the SX products are not illegal and should be allowed in the US because everyone knows about the DMCA and what it contains so I won't go into that.

I cannot be responsible for anyone purchasing pirated software nor am I dumb enough to sell mod chips and similar items in the US. Just let someone else do that and get busted for it. I don't sell software that I do not own and never will.

p.s. those tempers whom think Gbatemp doesn't cater to computer piracy shouldn't even be using this website. I'm not saying that gbatemp hosts pirated material (they don't, and I know for a fact that they do NOT have a back door or anything hosting any pirated material whatsoever) Let me briefly elaborate. Once GBATEMP disassociated itself from efnet IRC, they no longer had ties at all to any pirated games. Also I don't believe that the owner of this website uses copyrighted material, he has a family and is too busy to pirate computer games. but this web site was founded on piracy and circumvention of copy protection devices. Just be thankful that this website is even allowed to exist.

Last edited by Costello, May 20, 2020 - Reason: no full names / real names please
    MrMario2011, Ev1l0rd and Memoir like this.
  6. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

United States
    Well it will certainly doesn't spark confidence to the investors and devs, and having the option would limit the growth of purchase rate from the casuals.

7. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    they do know sx dongles do not contain any software that circumvents nintendo technological protection.

it as a dongle that exploits a flaw, resellers do not supply dongles with the os software pre loaded.

the user must obtain said os/cfw themselves.

tho cfw and sx os "could be used" it also can be used without pirating, down to the user.
    some may want sx os for homebrew/cheats

weatMod likes this.
  8. Hambrew

Hambrew the none and only

United States
    Nintendo Switch Online Outage when?????

9. Mrperson0

Mrperson0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    All purchases come with an SX Pro license, which is the issue. From what I heard, it's the same for these modchips.

Doesn't matter, SX OS still has Nintendo's code such as how XCIs are loaded.

10. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Gotta get one ASAP, then.

11. Switch_Maniac

Switch_Maniac GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wait, Atmo isn't also CFW which also allows you to play pirated games?! I didn't know that! Thank you for clarify that only SX allows pirated games to run. I guess from Nintendo's point of view it's all about the charging people for the hack part, right? If SX was free I guess they wouldn't care.

And before you say, but "SX stole from Atmo and then charged people?. That literally has nothing at all to do with this legal action. Nintendo could give 2 shits about what pirates steal from other pirates.

12. xiaNaix

xiaNaix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Nice revisionist history there, Dennis. You wrote MaxConsole's review for StargateNX and then decided you wanted, in your own words, "compensation" for writing the review. After they refused your ransom, and both Gary and I told you paying for reviews was unethical (and you had received the subscription to the service for free) you freaked out and deleted the review. I recovered the article from Google's cache at Gary's request, not even knowing what had transpired. As a result, you decided to punish me by filing a PayPal dispute with your bank and robbing me of the money that you paid for my son's banned Switch. I also threw in a couple of SX Pro's, since you were helping me out by buying the banned console so I could get him a new one. A transaction that had nothing to do with MaxConsole, Gary, or the situation. Luckily, I didn't have any money in that PayPal account and it still sits in the negative because of your sperg out. You also didn't seem to have any problems with "piracy" when you were receiving free product and reviewing numerous items for Gary over at MaxConsole under your numerous pseudonyms. And, given the places you are currently hanging out, you still don't. How's Arb, btw.

Last edited by Foxi4, May 20, 2020 - Reason: Removing full names from the quote
    WiiuGold likes this.
  13. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Also, guys, Ninitento is not targetting TX, but the resellers, so Athmosphere is fine.

14. Mrperson0

Mrperson0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Atmosphere was fine anyway because they are not charging people along with not allowing piracy out of the box. Team Xecuter is harder to get to since they are likely in a country that is hard for them to reach through the court system.

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  15. DSAndi

DSAndi GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Ah well, its the same old story with nintendo. Instead of suing the manufactors, they sue the small shops.
    The same reason as always, device to play pirated stuff.
    I wonder where all thouse pirates come from. The mean copyed software.

The thing is, no one would copy games if they where cheap and afordable.
    Nintendo sells hardware and software most of the time very expensive (cables anyone?).
    They can do this and i dont need to buy it. Thats the point i dont need Nintendo stuff.

Granted im a PC player, i get cheap games on GOG.com without DRM. I get cheap games on Steam, i get free Games from Epic and other companys. I get so many games for free or cheap, i dont need to copy a game. I wont bother with it at all, because i cant even play all thouse free games.
    If i really want a new game i could go and buy it at full price, but why ? Just wait some time the price will go down.

Actually i dont miss any of Nintendos new games, i dont care about em. I dont care for the switch and the software libary on it.

I get better games , better looking and playing for free. Just this week GTA5 at Epic.

Why ppl still bother with Nintedo, a company that sells you old ROM games for much money again and again on different systems to show there costumers how they valure them?
    A company that does sue small ppl selling legal devices, because they know they wont go into lawsuit and they are unable to sue the makers.
    They even sell you cardboards for a lot money with questionable funny software.

Not to mention the old hardware, already outdated when it comes out new.

Really i dont really get why ppl still buy consoles and games from Nintendo.
    For the few exclusive games, that are basicly the same as always with some changes ?

Ah well dont really matter and i dont care.
    Its up to the people who they support and if they like what Nintendo does with those legal actions agains small business ppl.
    If they kill all remembering of the old games, because they still want to make profit out of them and offer no fair use on all systems once you did buy it.
    Im glad im not missing Nintendo and i dont feel to buy any game or console off em.

16. kingaz

kingaz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was speaking broadly, but yes, there are narrow exemptions like for reverse engineering.

That being said, these exemptions do not pertain to this case.

17. Gerd_Mueller

Gerd_Mueller Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    My opinion is that this is owsome. Nintendo reached out to the right people! TX is a bunch of suckers since ever, steal soft and hardware ideas and then sell them as there own. And as uber is one of the long members of TX that's only reasonable to do so.

18. darkriku2000

darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Curious what way this will go. Sony was never able to take action against DarkAlex, M33, Yifanlu, etc. Yet they were able to get GeoHot to back away from the PS3. Maybe Nintendo will get more success since TX is actually selling something.

19. Chimech0

Chimech0 Newbie
    Newcomer

Ecuador
    Actually, the new SX Core/SX Lite and the old SX Pro Dongle per se, don't do anything.
    As you say, it requires the user to purposely download a file, put it on a microSD card, boot the system and even then the user has to do additional steps in order to access pirate games.

Also, the SX Core/SX Lite doesn't have the XCI Loader everyone is talking about, that loader is on the software part on the file that the user has to put on the microSD, otherwise it won't do jack.

20. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

United States
    You're absolutely correct that it doesn't include those features.
    Which is why I was talking about SXOS, and not SX Core or SX Lite modchips.

SX Core and SX Lite however are not legal in the US under current DMCA laws. (Or so Nintendo will once again be pleading)

T-hug, RedBlueGreen and Chimech0 like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - resellers, Nintendo, lawsuits