Nintendo files trademarks for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

7RZyGwe.jpg

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon could potentially just be the big surprise of Nintendo's upcoming direct, as trademark filings from Europe reveal. Both listings just popped up in the OHIM database today and were filed by Nintendo.
:arrow: Source

Last edited by Chary,

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well Mars is fire and Mercury is water, no? Yes, I watch Sailor Moon, problem?!

Btw, are these logos official ones or mock-ups?
Is that even a general thing? I've never heard of those particular elemental associations outside of Sailor Moon before, and naming Pokemon games after Sailor Moon characters is a bit of a stretch :P

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if we can safely say that the 3rd entries in this series are over? X and Y got no Z, Black and White got no Gray (though they did get sequels which was certainly unique), and of course none of the remakes ever got third entries, but those don't really count.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was just thinking, in X/Y there is this Sundial in Anistar City. Perhaps Sun and Moon are related to X/Y and also play in the Kalos region. That's possibly why there is no Pokemon Z. Zygarde's new forms will be introduced in Sun and Moon.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I really can't like any western pokemon logo anymore ...I liked it as kid but after knowing the orignal logos....
All these effect colors, nice font on the "version name" and everythig just don't match with this untouchable blue-and-yellow toystory like logo :/

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the chances that these games will be vastly different? I mean X and Y wasn't that much different from Ruby and Sapphire and it was released within a year of X/Y. I have a feeling they'll use the same engine as the last 2 games but with slightly more content. In fact I'm calling it! Same engine, slightly more content, released this Christmas. 3 new Pokemon games released in a little over 2 years. Geeze Nintendo.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
They're only next gen (gen 7) if they're on hardware that's not out yet... if they're released on 3ds they're still gen 6.

That's so not true.

Gen IV and Gen V was both on DS.

We could very well have Gen VII on 3DS,
And maybe even compatible with N3DS added specs.

[i don't include Gen III, cause it's for GBA]
(Though to note, Gen V could use DSi functions)

Edit:

I'm interested to see the Japanese logo,
As it may tease a bit more stuff.
Like how the mega evolution sigil was on the Japanese logo but not the English ones.

Last edited by Queno138,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte