Nintendo Files Patent for Controller [NX Rumor?]

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though I certainly have no sympathy/empathy in this instance (or many others... I might have to look into that) I would view it in much the same way as I view those that say we should not criticise games for being bad/point out flaws and get all wound up about game review scores.

If they can not filter gloom and doom properly, and possibly figure out a way to counteract it, then they have a real problem that probably wants to be addressed. Also if your customer based appears difficult to satisfy then there are various accepted strategies, innovation can be one but I am not sure this is it.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "scrolling" shoulder or Wheel shoulder buttons do not surprise me. Nintendo original designed/put the shoulder buttons on the SNES controller for scrolling. They basically never got used that way, well except for super mario world.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo original designed/put the shoulder buttons on the SNES controller for scrolling

I will have to look that one up as I have not seen much of the pre release stuff from that era (at least if there was not a juicy court case like Sega vs Accolade). I forget the exact wording but in the US it is something like you have three years in which your own patents can not be used as prior art against you (supposed to stop you repatenting the idea over and over, maybe just with a slight tweak). If they patented such a thing back in the SNES era, and it is not like Nintendo were not aware of controller related patents before then, then they might have have prior art from their own stable and that would amuse me endlessly.

Sheikah Impa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unconvinced that the controller will look like that..But Honestly, everything after the gamecube pretty much made me not care anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love my wii u. But I stopped hoping for an actual console from nintendo after the let downs of the countless internet speculations that turned into completely different devices. In short..Eh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill