Nintendo files lawsuit against Team Xecuter's Gary Bowser

doug-bowser.original.jpg

If you thought the arrest of some of Team Xecuter's group would be the end of things for the two sides, you'd be wrong. It's Bowser VS Bowser, as Nintendo of America--and by extension Doug Bowser, has filed a lawsuit against TX's Gary Bowser. Gary Bowser was arrested last year alongside cohort Max Louarn, with the former having been extradited to the United States, and the latter still in custody in Canada, facing extradition as well. Bowser was already dealing with 11 counts of felony charges, and now this new lawsuit, filed in NOA's home turf of Washington State, adds to his list of problems.

Nintendo alleges that he trafficked piracy devices in the form of SX, and also infringed upon the company's trademarks. As a result, the house of Super Mario is seeking compensation, to the tune of $150,000, as well as charges of $2,500 per "willful violation". Depending on how things go in court, Nintendo may even try to go after a cut of sales profit that Bowser got from selling SX chips. The full, lengthy legal diatribe is available below, courtesy of Polygon.

:arrow: Source

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo may even try to go after a cut of sales profit that Bowser got from selling SX chips.
This idea seems funny to me for some reason. I wonder how SX buyers would react to that news.

Also, I was searching for mentions of GBAtemp and found these gems:
unknown.png

unknown.png

I wonder if theres anything else I missed further up.

Last edited by Seriel,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you thought the arrest of some of Team Xecuter's group would be the end of things for the two sides, you'd be wrong.
Yeah a civil lawsuit, especially if they think they can recover some funds, often follows a criminal one, indeed a criminal case might be assisted with to get the info to properly do a civil lawsuit or indeed make them less of a flight risk (or possibly sort any extradition/jurisdiction woes). There was even a bit of a fad a while back of companies with goods being pirated getting evidence from criminal complaints and then using those in civil cases.

That said I am curious to see what laws Nintendo are going in for here. Probably should read the complaint but compared to most European countries, Japan an similar then the US is fairly hard to get such a case going on in.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Last edited by Flame,

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
This idea seems funny to me for some reason. I wonder how SX buyers would react to that news.

Also, I was searching for mentions of GBAtemp and found these gems:
I wonder if theres anything else I missed further up.
You'd think the big hotshot lawyers could manage to spell GBAtemp right :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...