Nintendo files lawsuit against Team Xecuter's Gary Bowser

doug-bowser.original.jpg

If you thought the arrest of some of Team Xecuter's group would be the end of things for the two sides, you'd be wrong. It's Bowser VS Bowser, as Nintendo of America--and by extension Doug Bowser, has filed a lawsuit against TX's Gary Bowser. Gary Bowser was arrested last year alongside cohort Max Louarn, with the former having been extradited to the United States, and the latter still in custody in Canada, facing extradition as well. Bowser was already dealing with 11 counts of felony charges, and now this new lawsuit, filed in NOA's home turf of Washington State, adds to his list of problems.

Nintendo alleges that he trafficked piracy devices in the form of SX, and also infringed upon the company's trademarks. As a result, the house of Super Mario is seeking compensation, to the tune of $150,000, as well as charges of $2,500 per "willful violation". Depending on how things go in court, Nintendo may even try to go after a cut of sales profit that Bowser got from selling SX chips. The full, lengthy legal diatribe is available below, courtesy of Polygon.

:arrow: Source

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Out of the countries on the list it would make sense not to choose warzones, undeveloped countries or countries with strict religious laws.

China, Russia, Ukraine,Taiwan and Vietnam would be my list
China also not good anymore, Nintendo is shutting down many places in China that sells The R4.

Reactions: Skelletonike

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To that end, you're telling me a reporter for CNN or the BBC doesn't work for CNN/BBC? Give me a break.
Don't be so obtuse. Reporters are directly on their payroll, and answer to their HR. CNN is not an employee of Nike, but they get paid by Nike every time they show a commercial, now don't they? :rolleyes:

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't be so obtuse. Reporters are directly on their payroll, and answer to their HR. CNN is not an employee of Nike, but they get paid by Nike every time they show a commercial, now don't they? :rolleyes:
CNN in that instance is a platform for advertiser's. It would be hard to equate Garyopa to a platform in & of himself

Just admit it, he's their fucking employee lol. Everyone can see this.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CNN in that instance is a platform for advertiser's. It would be hard to equate Garyopa to a platform in & of himself

Just admit it, he's their fucking employee lol. Everyone can see this.
Nope. He advertises all kinds of products on his site. Not just stuff from SX. Of course that site was taken down so I can't provide screenshots. You could almost call him a retailer, but he never personally touched/shipped/sold any of the things. He got paid from the various companies based on who clicked on advertisements, and who purchased said company's products via link from his site.

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope. He advertises all kinds of products on his site. Not just stuff from SX. Of course that site was taken down so I can't provide screenshots. You could almost call him a retailer, but he never personally touched/shipped/sold any of the things. He got paid from the various companies based on who clicked on advertisements, and who purchased said company's products via link from his site.
This wouldn't stand in any court I know about. In any case, he trafficked or helped to traffick illegal goods.

Reactions: urherenow

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In any case, he trafficked or helped to traffick illegal goods.
Yes. I agree with this.

I just haven't personally seen evidence that he is a "member" of that specific team. He promoted much more than just SX stuff. In his current situation, he would have to take the 5th without using this fact as an argument though (as if not being an SX member would make him less guilty of the charges anyway...), so I'll never be proven right, I guess.

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+