1. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    What's next then? Legally chase jig sellers?

2. studio1b

studio1b GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the jig is not illegal
    the RCMLOADER is when u have payloaders included

* NOTE TO NEW SELLERS *
    DO NOT INCLUDED PAYLOADERS ON YOUR DEVICES

3. CompSciOrBust

CompSciOrBust GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It's probably high. I think the real question is how many people with V1 switches are willing to hack it who haven't already hacked it.

4. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Maniac

Togo
    Nintendo might as well sue every safety pin, tinfoil, and paper clip maker. Lmao! People are also using phones and pc's as payloaders.

Last edited by Unleanone999, Nov 19, 2020
    Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  5. GatoFiestero

GatoFiestero GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    but payloaders are not illegal software itself

vaugerbird likes this.
  6. studio1b

studio1b GBAtemp Regular

United States
    and thats like saying the RCM LOADER is not illegal itself aswell its a everyday chipset in the device, flashed for pushing a payloader. so how does nintendo go after them for that. its a run around then

7. GatoFiestero

Costa Rica
    Even if Nintendo manages to demonstrate that the RCM Loader and its payloads are used to exploit the fusee-gelee vulnerability, this does not imply that it is for piracy, but may be for educational purposes. And even if Nintendo manages to prove that everyone is using the RCM Loader for hacking, that doesn't imply that the culprit is whoever built it. This is the easy part, from here Nintendo's lawyers have to break their heads to be able to sue.

8. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Gambia, The
    Not true. Courts also check the purpose of the device. At least here in europe.

According to the eugh ruling I linked on the second page, the courts have to check what the device is beeing used for (that can go as far as to check the actual customers) and that's what it's all about. Do they use it for legal purposes? Nintendo looses. Do they use it for piracy? Good luck to the shop owners.

"the evidence of actual use which is made of them by third parties will, in the light of the circumstances at issue, be particularly relevant. The referring court may, in particular, examine how often PC Box’s devices are in fact used in order to allow unauthorised copies of Nintendo and Nintendo-licensed games to be used on Nintendo consoles and how often that equipment is used for purposes which do not infringe copyright in Nintendo and Nintendo-licensed games."

Last edited by Technicmaster0, Nov 19, 2020
  9. Arolandis

Arolandis Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The only reason I wanted to hack my switch was to get retroarch on it since they canned their freaking virtual console service.
    I was happy about their last lawsuit win since I dont want piracy keeping 3rd party devs from making games for the Switch (was happening to PSP), but they need to stop. I dont want their console without emulation and I'm not paying for their shitty online crap.

Henx and Endurion_Jr like this.
  10. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Gambia, The
    Just a side node: the xbox consoles offer a devmode which can be used to install retroarch on the console (it's a bit limited but the feature is cool nontheless)

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  11. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Keep on fighting, brothers.
    Piracy gave us Gamepass, All Access and other ways of gaming for relatively small money.

12. Vince77

Vince77 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Anyway they can't stop hacking, like a hydra a new site/method/hacker will be born.

13. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    @elk1007
    If games was cheap and not still $60 for the last 3 years we wouldn't have as much piracy as we have now. I understand why Nintendo is trying to sue the reseller the RCM loader "enables piracy" only a matter of time before they try to go after atmosphere if they are using that logic

@eyeliner
    As much as I like game pass I'm slowly shifting away from it. $180 a year you can buy most of the microsoft exclusives for half the price and own the game. I'll still keep Xbox Gold and get it at a discounted price but I rather have ownership versus subscription series

Henx and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  14. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Its not really just piracy, they despise any kind of modification to their software and games also hated homebrew dating back to the Wii. They literally fired some guy months back on Youtube who was working under them just for showcasing BOTW mods lol. This is just them trying to make an excuse effort to purge all exploitable devices. RCM doesn't promote piracy, but it still enables it as a possible end user option, you know behind closed-doors.

Scott_pilgrim and Endurion_Jr like this.
  15. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Nintendo, you're the reason people are pirating because your shit is way too expensive.
    €349 only for the Switch and the games are absurdly expensive, €60 and I saw there are a shit ton of paid dlc's. And you're way too paranoid you even sued a Super Mario marathon! You simply sue anything and everyone!

I'm so glad I didn't buy the Switch as me and my cousin wanted to buy one and each of us will pay half. But it seems Nintendo doesn't want our money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GatoFiestero likes this.
  16. yaykittykitty

yaykittykitty Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Next they will be going after people selling jigs. I can understand piracy, not many people can afford many games at £50 each but I don’t partake in such activities I just want to edit my game saves, what’s the crime in that

17. GatoFiestero

Costa Rica
    If a person from the Netherlands with a much better standard of living thinks this, imagine what we think in Latin America where everything works like shit and things are even more expensive with inflated prices and low salaries.

Dust2dust, Scott_pilgrim and CTR640 like this.
  18. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    A very fair assessment. It really depends on your mileage. If you like to play everything, it's hard to find a fault in it.
    But if you want to keep your library small, sure, purchase games separately is a better approach.

Scott_pilgrim and Goku1992A like this.
  19. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Then they need to stop selling ports for 60 dollars, and drop the price of their games like every other company does. Also, if I bought a VC game on the Wii, I should be able to play it on my Switch.

CTR640 likes this.
  20. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    True. Nintendo is such a crybaby I totally lost any of my respect to them as they simply go on "pIrAcY iS dAnGeR0uS aNd wE mUsT sUE aNy0ne!!!!!1!1!" bullshit. If piracy was a serious issue, then a lot of businesses would have gone bankrupt. Nintendo keeps using the law as an excuse and chose a country if the winning % is higher than in other country.

Even for Netherlands €60 is too much and so far the prices have been kept the same since day one of release.
    Games on other platforms are reduced and or discounted after some time but Nintendo? Holy shit, they are so stubborn!

Last edited by CTR640, Nov 19, 2020
    Subtle Demise likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - international, worsening, Nintendo