Nintendo fan since the 80s

shapesinaframe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I remember the first time I ever saw a Game Boy; it was 1989, I was in primary school and one of the high school kids on the bus had just got one from Japan (he was playing Super Mario Land). I eventually got one of my own about 5 years later.

Had a few other systems over the years:
  • Nintendo Game & Watch (Turtle Bridge, Balloon Fight, Mario Bros)
  • Atari 7800 (ugh, I really should have listened to my friend and got the NES instead)
  • Game Boy (OG and still my favourite, and mostly for Tetris)
  • PlayStation 1 & 2 (PS1 was fun, but didn’t really get into much PS2 gaming)
  • Nintendo DS (was genuinely surprised at how well my Phat DS emulates SNES, Mega Drive and Neo Geo!)
  • Virtual Boy (just to experience it, sold it after a few years of it gathering dust)
  • RetroPie (I find myself using it to play old NES and GB games mostly)
Playing around with home brew on the DS recently inspired me to get a N3DSXL (just ordered it today), and am also thinking of getting a Wii U to mess around with homebrew.

I really like how Nintendo tries to enhance the game experience with their hardware in new and innovative ways, it’s not just about the graphics.

Will be interesting to see how the DS and Wii U will evolve with homebrew now the Nintendo online services are being shut down.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, :)

:hrth: And welcome to GBAtemp! We have gamers and programmer from around the world! :hrth:

We have people with:
:yay::yaysp::yaynds::yay3ds::yaywii::yayu::yayswitch::yaypsp::yayps3::yayone::gba::switch::sp::nds::psp::discuss::download::yay:

Not to mention PC gamers, and people I call "Cubers" as well.

Enjoy our site :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1