Nintendo expects the Switch to continue strong for the next few years, has "strong lineup" of upcoming games

dsdadsdsa.png

Doug Bowser, CEO of Nintendo of America, discussed the Nintendo Switch and plans for the future, in an interview with the Associated Press. Even though the Nintendo Switch is seven years old now, Bowser is confident that the console will continue to perform well, with Nintendo "feeling bullish" about sales. According to him, there's also a "very very strong lineup" of games coming soon, teasing that Nintendo will plan on supporting the Switch for years to come. Beyond that, when asked about whether or not Nintendo has a "Switch Pro" in the works, he simply responded with, "One of the things we look at always is how can we surprise and delight. How can we introduce new unique ways of playing. That´s always in front of our mind."

I should be careful about what I personally would like to see (in a new Switch). But what I can share is that one of the reasons that even going into year seven we feel very confident that the Switch can have a strong performance over the next few years is that it is still truly that unique device that you can play in a variety of ways, at home, on the go. One of the things we look at always is how can we surprise and delight. How can we introduce new unique ways of playing. That’s always in front of our mind.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Costello,

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I dig it. Big N should focus on their frenchises and how to innovate, as they did in the past, instead of milking them with the same old copy&paste content year after year.
Ditch the high-end games market alltogether, make more room for exclusives and (portable) indie games, the torch they got passed on by the PS Vita.
Last, tidy up the Eshop - the way it is littered with crap titles is a disgrace. At least let me filter the crap out somehow, I do not enjoy wading through all the dirt to find the hidden gem here and there.

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
So...that mobile "news" notification I got from Google about Mario Kart 9 coming out for the Switch 2 this Christmas might be incorrect? I'm shocked.

I really don't think there's any pressing need for a new hardware revision. It has a niche and its not to compete on graphics. A Switch Pro or whatever would just fragment their existing audience without much benefit. Good games can continue to be made for this hardware just the same now as they could be before.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...that mobile "news" notification I got from Google about Mario Kart 9 coming out for the Switch 2 this Christmas might be incorrect? I'm shocked.

I really don't think there's any pressing need for a new hardware revision. It has a niche and its not to compete on graphics. A Switch Pro or whatever would just fragment their existing audience without much benefit. Good games can continue to be made for this hardware just the same now as they could be before.
That what I read this holiday yup

Trophies
XP
I'm okay with not getting a new hardware revision if they stop releasing ambitious, poorly optimised messes like Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. At the very least, a first-party studio should know the hardware's limitations and give us a stable experience. If they start going over that often, it's time for something new.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States

Doug Bowser, CEO of Nintendo of America, discussed the Nintendo Switch and plans for the future, in an interview with the Associated Press. Even though the Nintendo Switch is seven years old now, Bowser is confident that the console will continue to perform well, with Nintendo "feeling bullish" about sales. According to him, there's also a "very very strong lineup" of games coming soon, teasing that Nintendo will plan on supporting the Switch for years to come. Beyond that, when asked about whether or not Nintendo has a "Switch Pro" in the works, he simply responded with, "One of the things we look at always is how can we surprise and delight. How can we introduce new unique ways of playing. That´s always in front of our mind."

:Arrow: Source
The switch is actually only 6 years and 10 days old. Not 7.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

:Arrow: Source
I mean games developed by Nintendo directly and most* of their second parties tend to run rather well on the current hardware. If they can keep pumping out games that run well here, I see no issue.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nah yeah I like this approach. Nintendo is always behind on hardware strength anyway so it makes sense that they take a slower pace in favour of software focus, IMO. The 3DS has overall been supported for quite a long time so this seems to be consistent (if we ignore the Wii U, I suppose).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: oh shit where??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: