Nintendo expects 45 billion Yen loss. Still not hurting.

saberjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Steak dinners are on Satoru Iwata
It's well known that Nintendo is set to announce losses for this financial year, with its latest projections from earlier this year predicting a loss of 45,000 million Yen. While that may seem like a grim statistic, a feature in UK magazine Nintendo Gamer has sifted through Nintendo's bank accounts and found an extraordinary nest egg, details below.

Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (£6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank - enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052. Then there's almost 469 billion Yen (£3.8/$6.0 billion) held in premises, equipment and investments. When that runs out - we're in the year 2075 by this point - they've got some of the most valuable intellectual property in gaming to sell off before the company goes out of business.​

medium.jpg

That 10.5 billion dollar contains my 1080$.(​

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One have to wonder how many $$ Sony and Microsoft have in their bank account. I assume more than Nintendo (regardless of Sony's horrible last year).
Yeah right.

ZUJHD.png
Yeah I saw the graph b4 you posted it and I actually LOLED. But one would wonder if this isn't blowing out of proportion.... Not that I don't believe it though

Reactions: 1 person

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the hell is 45,000 million?

One have to wonder how many $$ Sony and Microsoft have in their bank account. I assume more than Nintendo (regardless of Sony's horrible last year).

A hell of a lot more than Nintendo... division only. Company wise, Sony and Microsoft make Nintendo look like a middle class citizen.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah right.

ZUJHD.png
That graph is only for videogame related income. Unlike Nintendo Sony and Microsoft have other branches of income. That's why I assumed that Sony and Microsoft have more money on their bank account than Nintendo.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
What the hell is 45,000 million?

A hell of a lot more than Nintendo... division only. Company wise, Sony and Microsoft make Nintendo look like a middle class citizen.

If each of their other divisions were having the same problem as their game division, then it wouldn't matter if they had more money because they'd be losing a whole lot more each year in comparison.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
That graph is only for videogame related income. Unlike Nintendo Sony and Microsoft have other branches of income. That's why I assumed that Sony and Microsoft have more money on their bank account than Nintendo.

That's right, didn't think about it that way. Sorry.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If each of their other divisions were having the same problem as their game division, then it wouldn't matter if they had more money because they'd be losing a whole lot more each year in comparison.

You think that Microsoft isn't doing fine with Windows licenses? Hell, I am positive that MS makes more money with Windows than Sony and Nintendo combined with their videogames. Not so sure anymore about Sony though.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

You think that Microsoft isn't doing fine with Windows licenses? Hell, I am positive that MS makes more money with Windows than Sony and Nintendo combined with their videogames. Not so sure anymore about Sony though.

Sony has been in decline with their TV's and Phones, not as much in the movie/music industry though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended