Nintendo Europe to Host 3D Photo Contest

saberjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Starts Monday

Budding photographers, take note: Nintendo Europe will launch a 3D photo contest next week.
On 2nd April you'll be able to enter Nintendo Europe's 3D photo contest, as long as you live in one of the following countries:
  • United Kingdom
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • France
  • Germany
  • The Netherlands
  • Portugal
Head back on Monday for more details.

via 3d-photo-contest.nintendonetwork.net

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Woopidy-f'ing-doo! Looks like I'm not taking part in this since the country where I live in isn't mentioned.. Way to go NoE :glare:

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As usual. NoE fucking us over again. I hate their narrow minded idea of what "Europe" is.

If you only support 14% of the countries of Europe, don't call yourself Nintendo of Europe.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As usual. NoE fucking us over again. I hate their narrow minded idea of what "Europe" is.

If you only support 14% of the countries of Europe, don't call yourself Nintendo of Europe.
What do you want Nintendo of Europe to call themselves? "Nintendo of the rest 86% countries of Europe" ?
Well it's kinda ridiculous that most countries (for example the Nordic countries) can't get the offers they're having. Not because the Nintendo rep/resellers wouldn't want it. It's because Nintendo of "Europe" isn't making it possible. Hell there are quite a few people willing to pay for a service like Club Nintendo. So yeah it's not the same thing as being Nintendo of Europe. The channels are present in nearly every single country that sells the company's products so why not make it happen?

saberjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India

What do you want Nintendo of Europe to call themselves? "Nintendo of the rest 86% countries of Europe" ?
Well it's kinda ridiculous that most countries (for example the Nordic countries) can't get the offers they're having. Not because the Nintendo rep/resellers wouldn't want it. It's because Nintendo of "Europe" isn't making it possible. Hell there are quite a few people willing to pay for a service like Club Nintendo. So yeah it's not the same thing as being Nintendo of Europe. The channels are present in nearly every single country that sells the company's products so why not make it happen?
I agree with you , hell i live in india , talk about nintendo's support over here.

That is what I argued against.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Read again, they ONLY support 14% not 86%... so in that case I rather they call themselves "Nintendo of 14% of the countries of Europe".

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Read again, they ONLY support 14% not 86%... so in that case I rather they call themselves "Nintendo of 14% of the countries of Europe".
Well, I don't know how well stuff sell in those countries, but in order for a country to be part of NoE, they need to have an official Nintendo division in said country or region.
These are the European Divisions so far:
-Nintendo Benelux (includes Nertherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg although it seems that only Nertherlands is an actual member)
-Nintendo Ibérica (my country and Spain)
-Nintendo France
-Nintendo Germany
-Nintendo Italy
-Nintendo UK

And all of these belong to a larger division, the NoE (Nintendo of Europe).

While it lacks lots of European countries, it has some that are widely known worldwide, like Germany, Italy, UK, Spain and France, having those countries included is enough for most people to see it as Nintendo of Europe already.
Anyways, it's not really Nintendo's fault, and they'll open up to those regions as soon as they build a division in said country, until then said country won't be an official member from NoE.

Reactions: 1 person

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh alright, well I'm not sure how well things sell here actually... However it feels really cheap to not be able to take part on offerings, such as the free kid icarus game, competitions, star points, etc... I buy stuff like anyone else, and feel that I don't get anything back for paying more. (Games are insanely expensive here).
We do have an official Nintendo division here though, and it is even listed as being a country in Europe by NoE on their page here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/service/nintendo_global_2148.html

However, we don't qualify as an European country to take part on the offerings, and the fact that South Africa can, and I can not... it hurts my brain.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh alright, well I'm not sure how well things sell here actually... However it feels really cheap to not be able to take part on offerings, such as the free kid icarus game, competitions, star points, etc... I buy stuff like anyone else, and feel that I don't get anything back for paying more. (Games are insanely expensive here).
We do have an official Nintendo division here though, and it is even listed as being a country in Europe by NoE on their page here: http://www.nintendo....lobal_2148.html

However, we don't qualify as an European country to take part on the offerings, and the fact that South Africa can, and I can not... it hurts my brain.
It's not an official division from NoE, it's probably partnered or something, but not really part of the Nintendo of Europe group, otherwise it wouldn't show this:
qPk7n.png

Nintendo probably hired some other company to take care of things or something like that, the same goes for most of the countries in that link you showed, most of the countries aren't really "Official Divisions", at least not when related to Nintendo of Europe, maybe it was the countries themselves that didn't want to join the NoE group, it's kinda like the European Union, countries have a chance to join, but not all that are able to join, want to.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo probably hired some other company to take care of things or something like that, the same goes for most of the countries in that link you showed, most of the countries aren't really "Official Divisions", at least not when related to Nintendo of Europe, maybe it was the countries themselves that didn't want to join the NoE group, it's kinda like the European Union, countries have a chance to join, but not all that are able to join, want to.
And since my country is a sony fanboy, we don't have a "other company" and we will possibly never get a Nintendo Devision.
Sometimes living in eastern Europe sucks, especially in consoles. :hateit:

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you know someone in an NoE country, you could work together with them for goodies etc.
You could (with agreement) use their home adress and use a hotmail.(NoE country extention) for example, it's a bit tricky but it could work XD.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
DCG: For the kid icarus offer, I had to register two games from a list with some special code which weren't included in my games cause they were bought in Sweden. :/

I even emailed them wondering if there were any chance for me to take part of that offer, but all I got was a bot message after more than a week, saying that i just should register my games ... i hate bots.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
:O about registering games.
I guess they are polling a continuation about Kid Icarus, man that was one unique questionary form (one you can do for 50 points). They asked a lot of questions specifically about KI, something I haven't seen before at those forms.
I guess they realy want to "re-start" Kid Icarus.

@[member='Issac']
:/ that sucks... are the packages opened?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@[member='Issac']
:/ that sucks... are the packages opened?
It doesn't matter since the games sold in the Nordic countries don't include the codes. Even if Issac returned the games for a new one, he'd still be missing out. Never actually thought about this, but buying a Nintendo 3DS game from the UK (with the code) costs only about 60% of what it costs here in the north. After a few weeks the price may even be at 50%.. with the code.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The boxes aren't opened, but there are no codes. The language of the cover is in nordic languages as well, so it's not the UK edition we get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]