GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
534aef024d.gif

15th December 2006 - Nintendo is not recalling any of the Wii wrist straps for its motion sensitive Wii Remote. There is no problem with the existing wrist strap as long as the Wii Remote is used sensibly and in accordance with the guidelines provided by Nintendo. All parts of the wrist strap have passed product testing and quality control.

The following tips are advised for safe play:

* Always wear the wrist strap while playing.
* Keep a firm grip on the Wii Remote at all times.
* Make sure people and objects are out of the range of movement before play begins.
* Players should keep at least three feet/one meter from their televisions and dry their hands if they become sweaty or wet for any other reason.
* Remember that the Wii Remote is responsive enough to detect minor movements – so excessive and forceful actions are not necessary. Therefore we recommend not to use excessively rapid, violent or wide swinging motions while using the Wii Remote during game play.

If you have ever experimented an issue with your wrist straps through excess usage or if you are worried about the wrist strap, first you need to identify which kind of wrist strap you currently have.

compare the original version of the wrist strap to the newer version.
wii-newStrap_EN.jpg

If you want to replace you strap, please click here to fill out the request form.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Will this work for people everywhere in europe or only in the UK? And does it cost anything?? xD

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering, if I was to go into a store in the UK and buy the Wii console, will I get the new beefier straps included? I know I'll be sensible but chances are there's a game in the future that will get me really excited and I need a little peace of mind.

Pado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
All new Wii deliveries should have the stronger straps now.

People who had bought it last week, when the Wii got restocked, already had the stronger straps on the Wiimote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: