1. Nyap

Nyap HTML Noob
    Banned

spex?????????///////???????////

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    What about the nostalgia boner of the bad Resolution and awful color contrast of the 1985 glory days? :P

3. BLsquared

BLsquared Game Programmer

United States
    Huh. Interesting, but I'll probably pass unless a way to put our own ROMs is implemented.
    *Looks at game list*
    Whoa! They got Mega Man 2 on there? Might be worth the money after all, provided the system works well. I mean, looking at it from a monetary standpoint, this would be cheaper than buying an NES and a Mega Man 2 cart.
    Hmm. Very interesting.
    Not saying I don't like emulation via more traditional devices, but I always felt "right" playing Mega Man 2 on the original hardware at my local game store.

Last edited by BLsquared, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

United States
    I didn't see mega man 2:mellow:

5. BLsquared

BLsquared Game Programmer

United States
    Center of the right column in the list.

6. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Wut? No Battletoads?!?!?!

Aeter and Subtle Demise like this.
  7. Sonic Angel Knight

United States
    Pardon me i am blind. Even with glasses on.:blink:

I was wondering why capcom was listed as a publisher on the game and all i found was Ghost and Goblins!:angry:
    Seriously that game sucks, why is it there!

Oh mega man 2? Well GOLLY GEE! If you have a gamecube, or wii then you could play megaman anniversary collection, it has 10 GAMES ON THERE and remix music of megaman 2, Or even Megaman 2 on Megaman legacy collection, OR WE ALREADY HAVE VC MEGAMAN 2

Seriously i understand preserving the past for new gamers of modern day but if you keep re selling the SAME OLD STUFF WITH NO UPDATE CONTENT. You developers might as well say one of the following.
    1. I am sorry but we are all out of ideas for new megaman games :(
    2. We are done with megaman, please move on
    3. Sorry we tried to take your money with our mascot
    4. Yes we stopped liking the fans long time ago
    5. We at capcom had file for bankruptcy and announce we no longer will be in business as capcom
    6. Nintendo now owns megaman :)
    So pick your poison. I reccomend number 6 :D

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    The price is retailed at 60 dollars, 30 games for that price is way better than the VC ever would be, hope the NES emulation doesn't suck this time around (you know, the horribly dark palette).

Mega Man Anniversary Collection on Gamecube has really bad emulation, the music in the NES games is way off, though the PS2 version has better sound.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Jul 14, 2016
    BLsquared likes this.
  9. nodezero

nodezero Newbie
    Newcomer

Sure, but Nintendo will have higher testing and emulation standards than a random Chinese manufacturer. Also, they don't make any money off old NES carts anymore, there is no good business reason for them to take that approach, in fact it would arguably limit their audience in comparison. There are even shipping costs to factor in for a larger device to fit those massive carts. Sure, retro gamers like us would love it, but this is plug and play with zero config so it'll have much wider appeal.

10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I should also note that many of those Famiclones have horrendously bad emulation compared to things like the Cyber Gadget Retro Freak or the Retron5. My roommate had an NES clone and the sound was just awful.

11. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

United States
    Depending on the price, I could see that doing well. Personally, I'm not interested in it as I have RetroArch set up on my HTPC with far more comfortable gamepads, but I can definitely see a market for something like that. Though it has to be cheap enough. Maybe $15-$20?

12. Sonic Angel Knight

United States
    Still better than nothing. Problem i think is since the Anniversary collection games mega man 1-6 was based off of ROCKMAN COMPLETE WORKS which was a playstation 1 game (Also availble on playstation network :) ) It probably was why it was a problem instead of using nes roms which would made more sense on nintendo console to emulate nes version :P
    Of course the xbox is best then ps2 and then gamecube is third with is backwards shooting controls but again better than nothing.

Also the xbox version was released after the ps2 and gamecube, so it could also factor in why gc wasn't accurate but still enough to get a playthrough. :)

[​IMG]

IT IS I TELL YOU, IT IS BETTER THAN NOTHING! :rolleyes::ph34r::ninja:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Jul 14, 2016
  13. YayMii

YayMii hi

Canada
    I feel like this is more of a collector's item or fun gift idea than anything else, especially since they promoted the controller as a purchaseable standalone that can be used with Wii/WiiU VC.
    Honestly, I'm just wondering if they'll keep this up with the next few generations. I'd love to have an official N64 controller to Smash with.

Last edited by YayMii, Jul 14, 2016
    Deleted User likes this.
  14. CeeDee

CeeDee art by @x65943

United States
    insert emulated sonic 1 rerelease with no changes here

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  15. ric.

ric. Drivin' to meme country

Peru
    MY DICK IS DIAMONDS.
    Hopefully this sells well and motivates Nintendo to make more mini versions of their old consoles.

Deleted User likes this.
  16. I have two PSTVs with PSP/PS1 exploits to run the games I want and other consoles/devices to run retro games but this is a Mini NES. I need this!

Not too bad as that's what a new game costs.

17. Sonic Angel Knight

United States
    Well it hasn't in awhile, the 3d sonic on eshop is a little more to offer than just being a Rom copy, they did fix somethings and improved emulation as well as made it international, and least you can use cheat codes like debug, unlike the PSN Port by back bone entertainment, glad that company doesn't do ports anymore, i like this MZ or M2 Company way more. ALL THEIR PORTS ARE WORTH IT. :grog:

CeeDee likes this.
  18. ShikaSan

ShikaSan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

This is actually pretty cool, but they could've added cartridge support for those people who actually managed to keep their carts.

19. ric.

ric. Drivin' to meme country

Peru
    That would increase the cost of the unit.
    If they're going the emulation route (which I'm 99% sure they are), they'd need to add a way to dump the cartridges and play the ROMs off their internal emulator (similar to what the Retron 5 does). If they're running the games natively, cart support would be easier, but they wouldn't be able to offer all the bells and whistles that come with an emulator, such as savestates.

20. Sonic Angel Knight

United States
    Well if they did do this with a 16 or 32 bit, i might actually turn my head for once. ANd then turn it back to my android tv and say. Hmm nice job there people your making good decisions. I turned my head. :creep:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Entertainment, Nintendo, Nintendo