Nintendo E3 2019 Press Conference live coverage

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 11, 2019.

?
  1. 10 - Incredible!

23.5%
  2. 9 - Amazing!

16.6%
  3. 8 - Great

17.1%
  4. 7 - Pretty good

14.8%
  5. 6 - Not bad

8.6%
  6. 5 - Passable

5.0%
  7. 4 - Underwhelming

3.5%
  8. 3 - Disappointing

2.2%
  9. 2 - A waste of time

1.7%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

1.9%
  11. I have no opinion

5.0%
  1. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Except that, honestly, that shit is for the hardcore fans that can't think about anything other than Zelda. I never gave a rat's ass about the timeline outside of the cringeworthy hilarity that comes with knowing that people have ended friendships with each other over arguments about a timeline that even the creators admitted wasn't consistent and that people shouldn't go into full religious fandamentalist mode when someone simply doesn't give a shit about the thing that they have like a spiritual attachment to. I know what you're referring to specifically, to be fair, but try talking to my brother who only played the original two on NES? He'd politely tell you that he's not interrested in discussing ir further because the Legend of Zelda ain't reall

2. sks316

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Windows XP background
    This Direct was kinda bittersweet for me...
    On one hand, AC NEWS, SPYRO ON SWITCH, BANJO IN SMASH
    On another hand, GENIUS SONORITY WAS A NO-SHOW
    My emotions are a mix of excitement and disappointment.

3. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland

Yeah I’d agree with that. By the time I got the Master Sword and Hylian Shield, that’s what was used most of the time. They took ages to break and I’d always have a huge stash of the other better weapons for when they did.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t like a return to the good old way of getting unbreakable gear, I would. But if not, well it’s not the end of the world.

I’d like more traditional dungeons, rather than the shrines, just to expand the game more. But I was happy with the over-world in BotW, spent many (over 250) a happy hour exploring that.

On a different note, I wasn’t expecting any details on MP 4, as much as I really want to see it. Considering it’s not been long since they decided to start over and switch teams, it’s too soon to expect anything for that.

Last edited by Stwert, Jun 11, 2019
    Jiehfeng likes this.
  4. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    Nintendo saved E3

but some really conspicuous absences were

no RE 2 remake , 5 and 6 instead what?

no new hardware , thought we would get a hint of something

no metroid prime trilogy

no metroid prime 4

footage of BOTW 2 was a huge surprise though

also what happened to friday the 13th ?

was surprised to see konami with a new contra game ,doesn't look half bad
    but i would like to see a good 3D CV on switch instead

panzer dagoon also a nice surprise

Last edited by weatMod, Jun 11, 2019
  5. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    There were some great things in there. Astral Chain actually interests me which I didn't expect. Collection of Mana, AC, Zelda dungeon maker, BOTW edgy edition, Spyro etc. There were some great things. There were some absences I was hoping for like Metroid of some kind, SNES online, and a very naive wish for a mother trilogy but that's really all they missed. A great direct overall

Not to mention how full the rest of this year is. The first half was so dry I was worried, but it looks like they're making up for it. I'm surprised there's no rare replay though.

Last edited by Nerdtendo, Jun 11, 2019
  6. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    No chance I sense it wil be 2021

7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    its a sequel they will just modify the engine, unlike botw where they created an enterely new engine, so half of the work is already done even character models lol.

8. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    There's a small chance of a Holiday 2020, as the engine they used is proven and finished. Just mechanics and other actual game design elements are missing IMO.

9. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    No More Heroes 3, I honestly didn't think that was coming out anytime soon. I was right, no Metroid.

Someone finally mention this. Also, that's clearly Zelda, but so many people are going confuse her for Linkle. lol

They were totally not clear on rather these will be sharable or not.

Are you serious?

So, basically just look for the best weapons and spam them without any penalty. Maybe they should do this with an easy mode.

Ninn and x65943 like this.
  10. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I'm surprised there's a No More Heroes 3 I thought it was dependant on Travis Strikes Again sales and I thought it bombed.

11. jt_1258

jt_1258 Something

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    At least the remake of the 3rd secret of mana game actually looks compared to the last one they did o.o

12. jahrs

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    holy crap panzer dragon remake and 2 new smash characters. awesome and the game line up for the next few months is amazing.

godreborn likes this.
  13. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    i want to see witcher 3 run on the switch, if it runs well then any current gen game can run too :P

14. Teletron1

Teletron1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH
    They spent a lot of time developing this new series one would think they are trying to get 2 more games out of this engine and will follow a 3 year release path, Furukawa seems to be more about supply and demand ,plus they are supposedly talking about doing either a movie or a mini-series on this story .. I for one am very excited for what's to come

15. raynor_ni

raynor_ni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Collection of mana has literally made this e3 for me. Woohoo!

16. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2006
    Could just be the clip that gives you the impression that it is a Co-op game, but i wouldn't mind if they did it in at least one Zelda game.
    Would be very refreshing

Last edited by Ninn, Jun 11, 2019
  17. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    the main thing I was hoping for came true: a release date for dragon quest xi. I bought the game on the pc several months ago without looking at the spec requirements. it's something that slipped my mind. well, the game runs like shit for me. the opening movie runs well, but once you get to the overworld, it's like 15fps on the lowest settings.

18. jt_1258

jt_1258 Something

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    did you buy it on steam? if so, steam does allow returns for stuff like that too where your pc can't quite run the game. though given how long ago you said it was you are definitely past the 1 week grace period

godreborn likes this.
  19. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yes, on steam. I didn't know about that. I thought that after you bought a game you were pretty much committed. oh well, my friend said that on the bright side I'll probably have a pc at some point that can run it, and it's in my library forever anyway.

20. jimmyj

jimmyj Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj

May 26, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Hyrule
    tbh I expected more, a lot of filler games for really just like 5 good ones. I'm not saying the direct was bad I'm just a bit disappointed, wish I could change my vote to overwhelming to good tho

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted