Nintendo E3 2019 Press Conference live coverage

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 11, 2019.

?
  1. 10 - Incredible!

23.5%
  2. 9 - Amazing!

16.6%
  3. 8 - Great

17.1%
  4. 7 - Pretty good

14.8%
  5. 6 - Not bad

8.6%
  6. 5 - Passable

5.0%
  7. 4 - Underwhelming

3.5%
  8. 3 - Disappointing

2.2%
  9. 2 - A waste of time

1.7%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

1.9%
  11. I have no opinion

5.0%
  1. Xzi

Xzi A terrible fate fills you with determination

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    A number of pleasant surprises here, really happy to see Panzer Dragoon, NMH3, and Banjo-Kazooie in Smash finally. Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina still looking amazing. And CDPR with the "hold my beer" moment porting Witcher 3 to Switch, shows that just about any modern game can work on the console. Some devs/publishers are simply too lazy to put in the effort.

2. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Nothing to do with being lazy why should they put in extra effort when ther already prob doing 16 hour shifts - as said before nintendo the ones who should put in the effort and release a machine tht is on par with others and dont rely on inferior ports

3. Xzi

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    CDPR does not overwork their employees, so clearly it's possible to make Switch ports without doing so. You can't blame any one console for that, it's just pure greed driving those decisions. Chinese companies in particular expect that kind of disregard for work-life balance from their employees, so avoid supporting Tencent or anybody underneath them. That means Epic Games and Riot Games.

Last edited by Xzi, Jun 12, 2019
  4. BluebellGamerYT

BluebellGamerYT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2018
    United States
    animal crossing delayed:cry::hateit:

5. kernelPANIC

kernelPANIC GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2005
    Japan
    Tokyo
    Were YOU disappointed?
    From recent memory, this probably is the best E3 conference/direct of the past decade. I can list 16+ games that will be available for the Switch that I would like to play. I haven't been able to do that in a loooooooong time.

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I've been debating whether or not to buy collection of mana. I might only get it for secret of mana. the fact that trials of mana is getting a remake in like a year might make that game not worth playing in the collection.

7. Champa

Champa Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    United States
    I cannot post anywhere else so posting here. Is there a tutorial to use an arcade cabinet and put the nes mini ($60) with 30 installed games? Thanks

8. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    I just erased everything that was known to me from various leaks and confirmations from Nintendo’s partners.

While the animal crossing stuff is new to me too, it’s a revamp of the camping mobile game. I don’t see myself buying it.

Of things shown, I am only partially interested in Luigi’s mansion. Haven’t played a Luigi focused game since Mario is missing.

3 houses, I need more information for. Is the game now an action rpg or is the formula staying the same? Can’t tell from e3 trailers.

Only buying for certain of the games shown, link’s reawakening and Mario makes 2.

I don’t understand how anyone can say this was the best direct in years. Far from it imo. Next gen may be the first tell in my entire life that I won’t own a Nintendo console and a PlayStation. The current gen has killed my interest in owning all 3. too Many disappointments from all 3!

9. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    I just really want a new DKC ugh...

Alato likes this.
  10. sks316

sks316 Meloetta, the Melody Pokémon!

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Unova
    You're all focusing on the E3 press conferences of these big corporations, and you've forgotten about the one titan who's taken the entire internet by storm, time and time again, year after year...

SiIvaGunner.

11. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    Spyro the reignited trilogy,Luigi's Mansion 3,Dragon Quest Echoes Of An Elusive Age & BOTW sequel are all on my wish list

12. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    wow how wrong you were! :creep:

13. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I voted "Great". Link's awakening has a different style than I'd expected, but I'll gladly take it. :bow:

And witcher 3 on switch? I think I put it up on a wish list as a joke, assuming it'll never make it. Glad to be proven wrong. :)

I can truly understand the hype for breath of the wild sequel, but...it's not my favorite Zelda either. For me (again: for me) the draw of Zelda is in the interesting design of dungeons and the use of hard acquired weapons to gradually explore the world. BotW's open world is nice, but simply isn't my cup of tea.

Other news was...I would say 'reasonable', but that's also me. What struck me that ninty's gameplay demo's are plain better than the competition. Perhaps it's because I've become more wary of others showcasing interactive movies rather than games, but really: nintendo makes GAMES.

Secretly, I was sort of hoping for a hardware revision or at least a price drop...but alas. I guess that's my fault as well: that will happen 2 days after I've purchased a switch. :P

Oh, but really: their presenters still suck, though. There's "Japanese modesty" and there's "nintendo of Japan". While presenting to a Western audience, they really should be more enthousiast IMHO. And it's more than just the language barrier, as it's downplaying what they're saying:

Nintendo employee, to wife: *in a complete casual, monotone voice* Today, on my way to work, I noticed a burning building. So I stopped, bashed in a blocked door and saved seventeen children and four adults from the fire.
    Wife: *yawn* okay...Good for them, I suppose.

14. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    here comes Zelda breath of the boredom 2 .-.
    meh! i hope they do great dungeons and not stupid boring stuff this time...
    Links Awakening has a strange design, but i ll take that (its clearly the better zelda between those 2... by far!
    theres no footage yet okay.. but if it will have those excuses of dungeons again this zelda will suck!)

Anyway... no more heroes 3, witcher 3 and luigis mansion 3 will be awsome for sure.

witcher 3 does not need a lot of resources.. it even runs on a potato meanwhile. I m pretty sure it will look good enough on a small screen.. maybe not on tv but theres plenty of other options to play on a big screen anyway.

Last edited by voddy, Jun 12, 2019
  15. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    Maybe Astral Chain began Development before Bayo 3 behind the scenes which is why it was finished first

16. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    To the (currently) 27.8% of the voters; What was "incredible" about it?

I voted "passable"; there was some cool stuff, most of which we already knew about, but on the whole the only surprises (well, they would've been surprises if the rumours hadn't been around since last year) were the previously unannounced localisations and remakes/rereleases.

None of it was as exciting as the Keanu Reeves Cyberpunk reveal, or the extended footage of FFVII Remake, or even as enjoyable as Devolver Digitals presentation.

17. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    Overall rather nice with the wide variety of software included. Some genres missing. Still not a big fan of shoving crafting/recipes into everything to continue a series, but *shrug*. Luigi's Mansion 3 looks interesting. Maybe Luigi's Mansion 4 can be Dark Souls like. So far of what I've seen, it's been the best press conference.

banjo2 likes this.
  18. aykay55

aykay55 Professional Idiot

Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Where the buffalo roam.
    I mean Tencent owns or has a stake in every game studio, so that’s literally impossible.

They have a 40% stake in Epic Games, which owns Fortnite, Rocket League and Dauntless. They own most of Riot Games which owns League of Legends. They have a 5% stake in Ubisoft, which owns......yeah. They have a 5% stake in Activision-Blizzard, which owns Overwatch, every COD game (and completely developed and own the upcoming COD mobile) and much more. They created and own PUBG Mobile. They own Supercell, owner of Clash of Clans and Clash Royale. They are now working with Nintendo to bring the Switch to China. And don’t forget that Tencent has worked with every game studio to bring their games into China, so they indirectly own the Chinese versions of every single game. Tencent is a huge mega billion dollar corporation that no doubt is controlling and profiting off of the games we play. And there’s nothing we can do about it.

Last edited by aykay55, Jun 12, 2019
  19. Xzi

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    5% is nothing. You only need to avoid companies that they own a majority stake in, or a near-majority.

20. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker GBAtemp's "Official" Wii Rock Band Hacker

Mar 24, 2019
    United States
    Right here on good ol' planet Earth!
    Meh... more games. No new hardware. Why should Nintendo even go to E3?!?