Nintendo E3 2007 Press Conference

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not that i hate the idea of these accessories. The thing is, focusing so much on them is really annoying! They already have the wiimote, and they just wanna keep introducing new peripherals.

We want the solid games nintendo has promised.

These accessories could easily be made for any console.

123kid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not that i hate the idea of these accessories. The thing is, focusing so much on them is really annoying! They already have the wiimote, and they just wanna keep introducing new peripherals.

We want the solid games nintendo has promised.

These accessories could easily be made for any console.

Nintendo is taking a page out of the Apple playbook and it will make them a shit ton of money. But yeah I'm not really a fan of it either.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda think we are being hard on Nintendo a bit, they have at least five triple A quality games out within the end of the year plus they have the DS as well. Sure these controllers and what not could've come out on the other consoles but they didn't! And Nintendo know how to use these controllers a lot better than Sony or Microsoft. Nintendo are using WiiFit to shift more consoles, and it will then they'll have a much bigger audience to bring the good games that didn't do so well on the N64 or GC.

Quite frankly this is a lot better than what we had with the GC, give the guys a chance they've not been doing so well with home consoles since the SNES days.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Looks like Nintendo doesn't want my money. Oh well, luckily there's Sony.

You know there is an Great Console called XBOX 360 ?
It kicks ass !.
wink.gif

Couldn't watch the Press Conference , but I don't think Nintendo needs use Gamers anymore.
unsure.gif

I fell cheated.
cry.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You lot make me laugh, WiiFit is only one game you know! The only reason they showed that at the conference is to gain more hype from it, they probably thought that everyone would give that much thought about it if they announced it like they did with Mario Kart and lets be honest while I loved to see more of MK it doesn't need to be seen that much to do well.

The conference was pretty damn boring and for me they showed way too much WiiFit but the stuff at E3 for the Wii that I've seen is brilliant, can't wait to play all of these games.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My biggest disappointment is that Reggie basically told the hardcore gaming audience "we don't care that you want online play, we think what we are doing now is just fine, thank you". In other words, a big screw you to the online gamers. Not that I care personally as I don't really care too much about online gaming, but I know many people are. At least they announced WiFi for "many" players on MK:W.

Otherwise no new games really announced we didn't already know about except for WiiFit. SMB:G has been known about since before launch, as has MP:C and SSBB. At least we know when they're coming. I just wanted to see something actually new and interesting, which I didn't really get.

If they come out with some decent use for the WiiFit pad for a snowboarding/skateboarding type game or something that would be cool, but no developer is going to use a peripheral like that I don't think, since not enough people are going to own it to make it worth the developers' time to create specifically for it. It's like the NES Pad, it just never got used. The Zapper is a bit of a joke as it's just a new plastic case for the remote and chuck and the Wheel is a total joke.

Those are my thoughts.

In their defense though, this conference is not designed like previous E3s with massive WOW!!! appeal for the masses, booth babes, etc. Being a more industry internal conference it'll be much more subdued, hence the complete lack of enthusiasm from the audience - although that was largely due to Reggie's absolutely horrible, non-engaging public speaking ability.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My biggest disappointment is that Reggie basically told the hardcore gaming audience "we don't care that you want online play, we think what we are doing now is just fine, thank you". In other words, a big screw you to the online gamers. Not that I care personally as I don't really care too much about online gaming, but I know many people are. At least they announced WiFi for "many" players on MK:W.

I wonder when people are going to understand that nobody is forced to by anything the choice is up to you, so plainly if you don't like it you don't have to buy it period.
rolleyes.gif

P.S game are going to be made from this new technology, so keep your panties on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Let's play.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should add a 256gb card in mine and load like 100ps1 titles to it eventually I will
    Will you play them all?
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    Wii U is also great.
    For DS games.
    Also, 3DS games through NTR streaming on Wii U.
    It's very cool.
    Even playable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that