Gaming Nintendo DSi has white border on left side of both screens

Vanth88

Private
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My uncle sold his DSi to my cousin. Welp my cousins barely 8 and one day he got mad and threw the DSi and hit a wall and when they looked at it the DSi's two screen had a large white strip about an inch or so thick on the very right side. The thing is the touch screen still works and the games still function.

Now... I mentioned to them that they could easily buy new screens and replace them but when I found out the screen still worked I wondered if maybe the connections became loose? or maybe the screens really are messed up?

what do you guys think?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps a frayed or broken wire.
On my heavily-damaged DS Lite, then video cords are kinked, and the top screen is usually almost entirely white.
It's probably a related issue, so I would think opening up the DSi would reveal an obvious cause.

Vanth88

Private
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps a frayed or broken wire.
On my heavily-damaged DS Lite, then video cords are kinked, and the top screen is usually almost entirely white.
It's probably a related issue, so I would think opening up the DSi would reveal an obvious cause.

Yeah I was thinking about doing that. If all it is is something small like a broken wire then it should be easy to fix. I just really hate opening up the DS systems because the last time I did I ended up breaking the power switch :|

I guess I'll suck it up and have a look. What's the worst that could happen? I break it even more? lol

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not usable now.
If you break it even worse it will stll be unusable.

However, you will gain experience taking it apart.
... and you might actually fix the unit.

You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

I would recommend you go for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs