Nintendo DSi could have a GBA slot! Kingdom Hearts bundle!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Oct 11, 2008.

1. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

"A Neowin forumite has produced what he claims to be a picture of a document faxed from a friend who works at Mandarake Galaxy, detailing a Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days/DSi bundle for Q2 of next year -- which is after the just-announced February release date for 358/2 Days. But that's not the really interesting bit -- in fact, we fully expect such a bundle will show up.

No, the interesting bit, which makes us fully doubt this, is that according to his translation, the bundle will include not only 358/2 Days, but Chain of Memories as well -- and that the included DSi will include Game Boy Advance compatibility.

Due to the quality of the picture, we can't make out a lot of the kanji, but we can clearly see mentions in katakana of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and the Game Boy Advance. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is written out too, but not correctly. It doesn't matter what it says, in the end, because this is a picture of a page some guy typed. "

Source

Could be fake, but you never know with these things...
    EDIT:

Here is a snipet from an article on the same subject but posted on QJ

"According to the translation, Square Enix and Nintendo will be releasing a limited edition DSi sometime during the second quarter of next year. It's going to be a Kingdom Hearts bundle. Ok, not surprising, right? Considering that KH: 358/2 Days will be released soon, a DSi bundle sounds reasonable.

With that said, let's dig deeper, shall we? Here's what the bundle will have:

* a copy of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
    * a copy of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
    * a silver DSi that has Gameboy Advance backwards compatibility

"Wait, what? I thought the GBA slot was taken out of the DSi?" Yep, my initial reaction exactly. Could this GBA-capable DSi be for real? And if so, why are they bundling Chain of Memories with it? Just because its from the same series? May be... however, it could also hint at something even more profound.

Remember how, in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, you can insert a GBA cartridge of Aria of Sorrow and get the Rare Ring? Maybe Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days will have that same sort of function with Chain of Memories in the GBA slot? Ooh, the plot thickens..."

Source

2. Sir-Fritz

Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

May 4, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I say fake.

3. tinymonkeyt

tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

Feb 27, 2008
    United States
    but it was announced there wasnt gonna be a GBA slot. like officially.

4. ds22

ds22 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2008
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam NL
    me to.

5. Doomsday Forte

Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2007
    United States
    Strange, a slightly different version just for bundles?

Really strange.

6. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    Yeah, maybe some sort of peripheral for the specific game (Kingdom Hearts) - but the DSi itself WILL NOT have a GBA Slot.

It's being released in Japan in 15 days, do you think they're really making hardware changes right now?

7. Curley5959

Curley5959 CCC Member!

Feb 2, 2008
    Australia
    Yeah it was announced officially that the GBA slot has been removed.. I say FAKE..

8. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Well, the bundle is supposed to be released in February - they won't make hardware changed now, but like JPH said, they might add some sort of peripheral?

Or maybe they'll do something like they did with that Megaman GBA game that was ported to the DS?

9. Doomsday Forte

Apr 22, 2007
    United States
    Wait! What if the GBA game is on an SD card that comes with the system?

Hey, throwing that out there.

10. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    If true the DS game card would probably include a downloadable version of the GBA game that players can download onto the DSi's internal memory or something.

11. Batman55

Batman55 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 21, 2007
    Canada
    Maybe the DS cartridge will have Chain of Memories on it, but only with the bundled version.

Or maybe this guy just printed text off his computer and took a photo?

12. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Added a second article on the same thing, but this one is from QJ. Apparently, it will be a limited edition silver DSi! Hopefully it comes to NA

13. Carnivean

Carnivean STARMAN

Jul 11, 2006
    UK
    it'll probably just be a GBA to DS port or something.

14. Doomsday Forte

Apr 22, 2007
    United States
    But they've already ported it to the PS2 for Final Mix+...

...Though...Hmm.

15. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Dec 9, 2007
    Canada
    Canader.
    I think that it will just be a port included with the KH DS DS Cart.

16. BakuFunn

BakuFunn Flameproof.

Apr 6, 2007
    United States
    New York
    Or there would be a sort os weird wifi wireless thingy to interact with the GBA cart.

Actually,
    I think some guy printed out text and snapped a photo. Now hes just talking crap. The proof he has? A picture of words supporting his statement. Weak.

17. psycoblaster

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    But it never says KH CoM will be bundled as a gba cartridge. It might be CoM on an SD card.

18. Rock Raiyu

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    I think that the game will be a downloadable GBA game onto the SD card/internal memory. If not, then its just fake. But if it were real, I want it XD

19. Doggy124

Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2007
    Thailand
    Thailand
    3 possibilities...

1.Fake
    2.GBA game on SD (if DSi ware support GBA game), or just a ticket with code for free download it
    3.His source mistaken "i" and "l" in "DSi" and "DSl"

20. Raika

Raika uguu

Sep 15, 2008
    uguu
    hmm does this mean only the dsi that comes in the bundle will have the gba slot? [​IMG]