Nintendo DSi and R4i update for Super Mario 3D Land

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dreameaterlol, Jul 4, 2012.

1. dreameaterlol
    OP

Newcomer dreameaterlol Member

United States
    Hi,

So I was using my R4i on my 3DS, and I updated my 3DS knowing that my R4i wouldn't work anymore, because I really wanted to play Super Mario 3D Land. I think my latest update is the one that was triggered a few months ago when I first played Super Mario 3D Land.

Now however I'd like to use it again, but I know that I won't be able to on my 3DS unless I update my R4i on a DSLite, DSi, or 3ds with an older version.

I'm using this R4i : http://www.0shippingzone.com/gold-dsldsidsi-xlll-wwwr4idscn-p-682.html

If I purchase a DSi from a store, will it most likely have an old enough version on it that it will allow me to update my R4i so that I can use it on my 3DS?

Thanks

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    No, the DSi is sold with updated firmware. It may not be the exact latest version, but it will likely be up there.

3. dreameaterlol
    OP

Newcomer dreameaterlol Member

United States
    EDIT: LOL.

Holy crap. Do I ever feel like I won the lottery right now. My R4i works in my 3DS. I guess my update wasn't recent enough. It was just 3.0.0.6.