Nintendo DS will not read any slot 1 cartridges.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by JakePsycho, Aug 22, 2011.

1. JakePsycho
    OP

JakePsycho gold~king~house

Aug 9, 2009
    United States
    Hello all,

I have a problem with a DS my friend gave me. The DS will not play any slot-1 games, and I have already called nintendo, but would not like to pay a lot of money to fix it. I have uploaded screenshots for everyone to see, and I hope this will help to try to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance [​IMG] ,

Psycho,

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    I don't know....try cleaning the slot with a q-tip? Just use a dry one don't dip it in alcohol and such. And be careful not to leave any strands behind.

Is it just me or does it have a broken contact? The 3rd pin from the left seems to be missing.

3. Sora de Eclaune

Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    It could be that. Alternatively, it could also be light obscuring it or a camera angle making it look invisible.

4. JakePsycho
    OP

Aug 9, 2009
    United States
    Well, i just looked at the slot myself, and i think bowser may be right, I can't find that pin. Does anyone know a place where i might be able to buy some?

5. The_Dragons_Mast

The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Egypt
    If its really broken you will need to replace the whole slot with a new one which is a hard process.
    Try cleaning it again & if it doesn't work then you need to send it to get fixed or buy a new slot like this http://www.dealextreme.com/p/repair-parts-...-nds-lite-26807 and fix it yourself.

6. JakePsycho
    OP

Aug 9, 2009
    United States
    Thanks, i'll buy one myself and (try) to fix it

7. dsdoc

dsdoc Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2011
    Hi becare if you try this will need a good soldering iron not to hot an have reasonablely good soldering skills
    i can do this for you as i repair them but not allowed to advertise but i charge £15

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice