Gaming Nintendo DS will not read any slot 1 cartridges.

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I have a problem with a DS my friend gave me. The DS will not play any slot-1 games, and I have already called nintendo, but would not like to pay a lot of money to fix it. I have uploaded screenshots for everyone to see, and I hope this will help to try to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance
yaynds.gif

Psycho,

Screenshots:

ei80tz.jpg

wsra03.jpg

33cc41j.jpg

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't know....try cleaning the slot with a q-tip? Just use a dry one don't dip it in alcohol and such. And be careful not to leave any strands behind.

Is it just me or does it have a broken contact? The 3rd pin from the left seems to be missing.

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i just looked at the slot myself, and i think bowser may be right, I can't find that pin. Does anyone know a place where i might be able to buy some?

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
JakePsycho said:
Well, i just looked at the slot myself, and i think bowser may be right, I can't find that pin. Does anyone know a place where i might be able to buy some?
If its really broken you will need to replace the whole slot with a new one which is a hard process.
Try cleaning it again & if it doesn't work then you need to send it to get fixed or buy a new slot like this http://www.dealextreme.com/p/repair-parts-...-nds-lite-26807 and fix it yourself.

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The_Dragons_Master_F said:
JakePsycho said:
If its really broken you will need to replace the whole slot with a new one which is a hard process.
Try cleaning it again & if it doesn't work then you need to send it to get fixed or buy a new slot like this http://www.dealextreme.com/p/repair-parts-...-nds-lite-26807 and fix it yourself.

Thanks, i'll buy one myself and (try) to fix it

dsdoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi becare if you try this will need a good soldering iron not to hot an have reasonablely good soldering skills
i can do this for you as i repair them but not allowed to advertise but i charge £15

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over