Nintendo DS Versus Sony PSP

Norman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello to everyone again, may i ask, again, any of you DS owners, do you have any regrets on getting this console? did you even think this sometimes: "I wish i had brought the psp?"

Me, before i did think that because of reasons like 80-85% of DS games suck, it's not a multimedia powerhouse but when the flashcarts came, i didn't regret anything anymore, what about everybody else? what do you prefer, honestly, DS or PSP?

Have a nice day to everyone!!

yaynds.gif
VS
yaypsp.gif

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I sometimes wonder why Nintendo didn't put more POWER into the handheld... If only the graphics were better, the screen was larger, and it have more power, overall...

I don't know about the PSP, but i plan to get a slim soon.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NightKry said:
I sometimes wonder why Nintendo didn't put more POWER into the handheld... If only the graphics were better, the screen was larger, and it have more power, overall...

I don't know about the PSP, but i plan to get a slim soon.

Nintendo keep it old skool ... gameplay over graphics.

When I first started gaming, back in the late 70s, there was no such thing as graphics lol ... well, there was ... sort of ... but all anyone cared about was if a game was fun to play ... how it looked never even crossed anyone's mind.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP definitely has better games (i guess graphic wise and stuff)
but i like my DS betttaaa
just cuz its more kid like and user friendly (IMO, of course)

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
PSP has much more power and storage space. No comparison there. One UMD can hold over 4 times the largest official DS card size.

PSP is technically ahead in quality of game library right now, but DS is starting to catch up. I've noticed retail space for PSP games has declined lately too.

Harpuia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP is looking better, but maybe because I don't own one. Or maybe because it can run emulators a hell of a lot better than the DS.
cry.gif

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd say both are good, but the PSP definitely has better games. The PSP is also a powerhouse, able to emulate so many consoles. The only reason I play DS is because of the GBA games and the few DS games which I still like to play (eg. Taiko no Tatsujin). The only stupid thing is that I can emulate GBA at full speed on a PSP and play the PSP version of Taiko on PSP... not to forget to mention that there's GTA for PSP.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I get more enjoyment out of my PSP with great retail games (IMO), emulators and movies.

DS is great as well but I certainly don't play it as much, but I do need my pokemon fix every now and then!

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Give it a decade or two, and it'll be "EANintenSonySoft" ... one big corp running the whole industry ... the movie industry will be the same.

Annual updates & one uber-expensive console, that gets a new model every 2 years on the dot ... all titles on digital downoad only, with an annual subscription for every last little thing.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2 years on the dot? Since you've got EA in that massive mega company, expect the consoles to be like Spore. "Oh, we'll delay it by another decade. Don't worry people, we'll just recycle our trash over and over again! You're bound to be satisfied
biggrin.gif
".

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nah ... they'll update every two years ... two years is how long it will take the ad campaign to run ... ads for the next system will be pre-loaded onto the current one, at launch.

You will be constantly told how uber the next system will be, every moment that you are playing.

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
PSP is good for homebrews but then again GP2x is way better then the psp for emus and such. To be honest I ENJOYED my ds more then my psps when I owned a ds lite. I tried finding my psp but I lost it cause I never play it (somewhere in my house but where :S?) So that should say something about the psp. Sold my ds for financial reasons which I regret and hope buying again when i have the money to spend it. I say go for the ds for a true gaming experience and get a psp if u want a jack of all trades (but master of none to be honest.)

Only games worth playing on the psp would be GoW FF: crisis core and those crazy fun cartoonish blobs that roll around and whatever those japs think off.

EDIT; ooh and ported games (games that were on the console ps2 that got ported to the psp) are so not worth playing on a handheld cause most of the time it's just too big to be able to play on let's say a 15 minute bus drive. I noticed the DS is more of a play and go keeping in mind that it is a handheld for a quick shot of fun which handhelds are supposed to give.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There are tons of these threads...and most of them just snowball into a giant flame battle over why PSP is better or why DS is better.

Share your opinions, and try to not to quote someone and argue! Their opinion is their opinion; yours is yours.

So, let's all share our thoughts and have fun like good little boys and girls!
biggrin.gif

I own both a PSP and a DS Lite.

I use my DS Lite daily. I keep entertained by Mario Kart DS, Tetris DS, or New Super Mario Bros.
They're great games to pick up and play. I'm one who's a casual gamer and like to sit down for 30 or so minutes a day and play something. The DS is perfect for me.

I can't find myself using the PSP a lot.
It's clunky, got a bad library of games, and is generally unattractive to me.
Sure, it's got a widescreen and is good for viewing music & videos...but if I'm going to watch a movie - it's going to be on the television. And if I'm going to listen to music - I'm going to turn on my radio or grab my MP3 player. I want a portable gaming system - not an MP3 player. For a portable video game system - I'm definately not going to play my PSP.

yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.