Nintendo DS Titles Coming To Wii U Virtual Console

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I still am not entirely sure why people would be okay rebuying games so soon that will likely be cheaper to buy and have shipped to you from some online shop than to purchase from Nintendo's VC. I mean, hell, if you want a digital collection, there are certainly cheap, free, easy ways to turn your physical collection into one cart of titles. It isn't like they're offering what are now expensive or rare games like what older consoles on the VC can accomplish for cheaper. I mean, I understand what Nintendo is trying to accomplish, but I'm baffled as to why everybody is so excited about this. Was playing the games on your DS really so bad? Or are you just infatuated with a cumbersome system of either gamepad/TV use, or essentially just using a single screened DS via the gamepad?

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still am not entirely sure why people would be okay rebuying games so soon that will likely be cheaper to buy and have shipped to you from some online shop than to purchase from Nintendo's VC. I mean, hell, if you want a digital collection, there are certainly cheap, free, easy ways to turn your physical collection into one cart of titles. It isn't like they're offering what are now expensive or rare games like what older consoles on the VC can accomplish for cheaper. I mean, I understand what Nintendo is trying to accomplish, but I'm baffled as to why everybody is so excited about this. Was playing the games on your DS really so bad? Or are you just infatuated with a cumbersome system of either gamepad/TV use, or essentially just using a single screened DS via the gamepad?

Until very recently, I never owned a handheld game system before so, for me, it would have been nice to have been able to play the handheld versions of the Zelda and Metroid games I liked on m

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
It was inevitable given the design. The emulation should be able to up the resolution at least and make it look a little better. I'm never a fan of this though. If I physically own the game already, I'm limited to playing on my DS still.

Oh yeah.... and a Wii U self is worth for like 5 games?.......

It has 20 games at least ffs.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
expect games to cost 20 bucks each.

also, considering that ds is pretty much the most hacked nintendo thing ever, why go that way? why not gamecube or gba? and why not release 400 snes games in a week?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't help but think this was announcement meant for July (e3 time) but done early to give some Nintendo hype n distract from the bank not being released yet.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not every game will be able to make the leap. Those games probably just won't be sold at all.

To be fair, though, not having "Phantom Hourglass" on the service is actually a pretty big plus.

I never understood the hate for the DS Zelda games. The controls are awkward at first, but once you get it down, they are both very rewarding game experiences.

As it is, the 2DS can't solve the Phantom Hourglass puzzle either.

Anyway, I do think this is pretty cool, but I really don't get why Nintendo doesn't create an adapter for the Wii U to play your physical DS games and possibly your 3DS games. It would fall in line with their model of releasing (to the masses) a player for every other video game system that could play their current handheld games. (Super GB for the SNES, and GB Player for the GCN).

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I never understood the hate for the DS Zelda games. The controls are awkward at first, but once you get it down, they are both very rewarding game experiences.

As it is, the 2DS can't solve the Phantom Hourglass puzzle either.

Dedicated sleep button. In other words, the console can be put to sleep and it acts like a folded console.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dedicated sleep button. In other words, the console can be put to sleep and it acts like a folded console.

Wait the 2DS has that? (I don't have nor have I played one) If so, then I suppose that would certainly be a possibility on the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent)