"Nintendo DS Profile" not booting Gateway mode anymore

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by El Xando, Aug 10, 2014.

1. El Xando
    OP

El Xando Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2007
    Hello,

I've had a gateway for a couple of weeks now, had everything up running fine, but now when I turn my 3DS on, go to system settings, other settings, profile, nintendo DS profile it just opens the profile settings. Same if I hold the L trigger.

I'm still on 4.5.0.

What's happened? Should I just use the gateway blue card again?

Cheers.

EDIT: After a bit more Googling, it seems this happens any time you play any NDS software on the 3DS, and that I simply need to use the blue card again. Was surprised I hadn't heard about this before but oh well, guess I'll let my girlfriend play Cooking Mama on the other 3DS ;)

2. kelvintoogood

kelvintoogood Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    United States
    Yeah I ran into this a while back. Whenever you a NDS game, you have to reinstall the gateway software. Isn't too much of a pain since it only takes a few seconds. I dealt with it because Ace Attorney Investigations 2 was too good :)

3. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    Also, you don't have to use the Gateway blue card to run the exploit. You can use any DS card compatible with your 3DS. If it can run DS roms, it can run the exploit.

4. SunnyDelacote

SunnyDelacote GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2012
    Cote d'Ivoire
    this happened to me as well BUT i havent played in DS for a while, in fact i've been kicked out ot gateway mode from nowhere, idk how could this happen, and i cant find my DSTwo card now...

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    There are other things that can mess up the exploit like changing the profile name on the console, I think changing your dob does too, also if you had any dsiware ware on sysnand and run that it will remove the exploit

6. nihlathak

nihlathak GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    Netherlands
    I've had to re-install the Gateway exploit twice now due to my own fault, changing and testing things. I've ended up with using a dedicated microSD card (instead of my main 'Gateway' microSD) in my blue card and placed it in the 3DS carrying case I use. If I screw things up again I'll be up and running within minutes :P

7. SunnyDelacote

SunnyDelacote GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2012
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Yes Yes! i changed my profile Name, plus i changed my location the last time i played, that must have the thing that turned off my gateway mode.