Hacking Nintendo DS Profile crash after MSET downgraded and rxinstaller.bin applied

FFT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I have Nintendo 3DS XL which has broken slot for cartridge, also outer camera is not working so I can't use physical copy of games and flashcards. I have tried to use rxTools v2.6 on my 3DS with firmware 7.1.0-15E. I did downgraded MSET to 4.x, but after applying rxinstaller.bin I can't use "Nintendo DS Profile" in System Settings because only it crashes and then 3DS reboots with information:

"An error has occured, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. (Unsaved data may be lost.)"

Is it because of my firmware or what? I did NAND backup but after downgrading MSET to 4.x and before applying rxinstaller.bin. What I did wrong and what's the next possible step to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Edit:

I'm out of ideas. I've tried to apply my backup but nope, NAND.BIN error despite having this NAND backup on the root of SD card.

Last edited by FFT,

FFT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anybody? I've updated to 9.2.0-20E by using sysupdater under rxtools pasta. Still, crash in DS Profile after downgrading MSET. Also rxTools freezes while booting in sysnand. Is it because I selected a 4.x version of MSET?

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you have better options here. Go for coldboot. As for your issue, it happened to me too but I haven't bothered with mset since coldboot has appeared.

FFT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Got boot sysnand in rxTools to work. Now it shows RX-S 9.2.0-20E in System settings. DS Profile still crashes, so is it worth to try MSET dowgrading by using CIA? If yes then which version to use, 4.x or 6.x?

FFT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I get it, but I need to worry about this DS Profile settings crash in sysnand?

Edit.

Did cold boot with ctrbootmanager and menuhax. Installed one retail game CIA and is working great. ;)

Last edited by FFT,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's very sad and a poignant example of why preservation is so important.