Nintendo DS Profile crash after MSET downgraded and rxinstaller.bin applied

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FFT, Jan 6, 2016.

1. FFT
    OP

FFT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Hello, I have Nintendo 3DS XL which has broken slot for cartridge, also outer camera is not working so I can't use physical copy of games and flashcards. I have tried to use rxTools v2.6 on my 3DS with firmware 7.1.0-15E. I did downgraded MSET to 4.x, but after applying rxinstaller.bin I can't use "Nintendo DS Profile" in System Settings because only it crashes and then 3DS reboots with information:

"An error has occured, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. (Unsaved data may be lost.)"

Is it because of my firmware or what? I did NAND backup but after downgrading MSET to 4.x and before applying rxinstaller.bin. What I did wrong and what's the next possible step to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Edit:

I'm out of ideas. I've tried to apply my backup but nope, NAND.BIN error despite having this NAND backup on the root of SD card.

Last edited by FFT, Jan 6, 2016
  2. FFT
    OP

FFT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Anybody? I've updated to 9.2.0-20E by using sysupdater under rxtools pasta. Still, crash in DS Profile after downgrading MSET. Also rxTools freezes while booting in sysnand. Is it because I selected a 4.x version of MSET?

3. Seita

Seita GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    I think you have better options here. Go for coldboot. As for your issue, it happened to me too but I haven't bothered with mset since coldboot has appeared.

4. FFT
    OP

FFT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Got boot sysnand in rxTools to work. Now it shows RX-S 9.2.0-20E in System settings. DS Profile still crashes, so is it worth to try MSET dowgrading by using CIA? If yes then which version to use, 4.x or 6.x?

5. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    As @Seita said, why bother installing that annoying boot method when you can have coldboot ?

6. FFT
    OP

FFT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    I get it, but I need to worry about this DS Profile settings crash in sysnand?

Edit.

Did cold boot with ctrbootmanager and menuhax. Installed one retail game CIA and is working great. ;)

Last edited by FFT, Jan 6, 2016
  7. Xinaman

Xinaman GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Try installing the MSET exploit through FBI, press select at the main screen of FBI.