Nintendo DS Pokemon Jirachi Distribution Cart (NFR)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rafinesque, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Rafinesque
    OP

Member Rafinesque GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A cart has shown up on Ebay which lets you get a Pokemon that was only available at a Gamestop event. This is the cart from Gamestop. This cart was never released to the public. Someone smuggled one out of Gamestop somehow... :-)

Nintendo DS Pokemon Jirachi Distribution Cart (NFR)

2. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    I'd so buy that, but not at $500.

3. Rafinesque
    OP

Member Rafinesque GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Has it been dumped?

4. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    I don't think it will be dumped if there is only one that is gone to some random dude.

5. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    Wow, starting bid at $499. I don't think anyone's going to pay that much. That guy is over exaggerating the carts value. He needs to bring that price down if he hopes to sell it.

6. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    I dont believe he knows that there exist lots of different ways to get it even if you own a retail card. Oh well... Wish him luck for selling it to someone stupid enough =)

7. Tai Le Ree

Newcomer Tai Le Ree Advanced Member

United States
    its already been dumped.

so i heard it was on a place focusing on wii though.

8. Brett-Magnetic

Newcomer Brett-Magnetic Newbie

United States
    Hey guys, well I am the silly fool selling this for $500. [​IMG] Yes, I just happened to google my auction to see if anything has popped up since going on Game Sniped. I know this might seem high, but I had it up at a high buy it now with a best offer option to see what kind of bids I would get. I did get some as high as 595, but I wanted to put it on auction to see if it would go higher. I figured $500 was good since people were getting me offers for around that price. Thanks for your interest guys, let me know if you have any questions(thanks for not ripping on me [​IMG] )! BTW, I know you can download this from other sites, but I have the REAL physical cartridge. Just because you can download Stadium Events NTSC, doesn't mean the physical game isn't worth anything... [​IMG]

9. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    What most people are referring to is that the actual ROM of the cart has been dumped, so you can run the ROM on a flash cart and it will distribute the pokemon/event the same way as the actual cart does.

10. Brett-Magnetic

United States
    Oh, I know what you mean by dumped. This is for the collectors of games and game cartridges though. Again, to collectors, having the physical game or cartridge is key. Having a ROM isn't worth anything to them as much as having the physical piece in their collection. Prices of exclusive games such as Donkey Kong Competition carts are still very high, even though you can still download. Again, I will use the analogy of Stadium Events NTSC, where you can download it for free, but if you want to own it, it's definitely going to be pricey! [​IMG]

11. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Considering one of these carts exists for every GameStop in existence when the event occurred, it's not terribly rare, but still, a unique item that may(probably won't) increase in value in the years to come.

However, in today's market, I think you'd have been better off taking that $595 offer.

12. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    As much as I want to buy it, I'd fear of some Nintendo agents breaking down my door and confinscating it. Wow, now I really want it!

I'm kidding of course. I wonder what the story was behind the guy who originally got ahold of the cart. Must have been some covert ops.

13. Brett-Magnetic

United States
    There may have been one made for every store, but most managers aren't willing to lose their job or be sued by Nintendo to take one of these. I believe most of them have been returned, except a scant few, which is one of the reasons this is going to be worth so much besides that fact that is a hard to find Pokemon promo cartridge. [​IMG] I almost don't want to get rid of it, but let's see what happens with the auction. No loss either way [​IMG]!

14. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, not worth that much money, especially since the PKMs are available widely on the internet, and you can create your own with programs out there. Would it be nice to see the original ROM file? Yes. But not for that price.

15. Brett-Magnetic

United States
    Again, I have to re-iterate that to collectors of games and cartridges, it's not about the rom file, but about owning the real physical cartridge. Don't know if you are into collecting games and what not, but promo games like this go for a LOT after a few years. Look into it. Remember Nintendos' World Championship cartridge, Sega Genesis Competition cartridge? Google them and you will see what I mean. As I said before, I've had offers for $595, and I'm not in a hurry to sell it. If it doesn't sell, I'm keeping it for a few years. [​IMG]

Of course it wouldn't be worth that much to you if you weren't a collector.

16. Brett-Magnetic

United States
    Well, the Pokemon cart SOLD for $750!! Thanks for all the interest! I am actually putting up another one of these in the next day or so, but it is THIS years version and has 4 Pokemon on it! Thank you all again!

17. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Oh my god, $750 just for a pokemon?! Whats happening to people these days.....

18. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    In case you didn't read the auction, they're not selling a pokemon.

19. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    The rom was already dumped ages ago.