Gaming Nintendo DS ML (Fake Nintendo DS)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not official, but that doesn't seem to be the point. And unlike so many of these "madey chiney" counterfeits, appears to actually play the standard games properly.

Given the hinge and the way the GBA actually goes all the way in, it does appear to simply be an original DS board in the shell of a DS lite.

I don't inherently see a problem with that. the original DS was a practical tank. My girl still has her original...

Reactions: Kioku

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't inherently see a problem with that. the original DS was a practical tank. My girl still has her original...
I still have my original, launch era DS. Though my new 3DSXL is my main system now, its still goin as strong as ever and if I didn't want to play stuff like OOT3D or Mario 3D Land I never would've upgraded.

jax604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still have my original, launch era DS. Though my new 3DSXL is my main system now, its still goin as strong as ever and if I didn't want to play stuff like OOT3D or Mario 3D Land I never would've upgraded.

I agree, the original DS is probably one of the most well build system out of all the Ds's, in fact I still use mine in the washroom.:lol:

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now that I moved, I at least see why she was hoping I had my tools... among other reasons, because the case on her original ds, and a friend's ds lite would likely need repair/replacement. The DS lite's hinge practically completely broke off, and the original DS has some screen issues in addition. I wouldn't be surprised if the original DS has simply had it.

I just wish Nintendo would have fucking addressed the problem with the DS lite and all the hinge and button issues properly. It was not fun having to return and replace 8 of those from my own personal use. In that sense, I'd been grateful that my 3DS has been sturdy, but even it looks like it'll need a new shell too... main thing is that the camera facing me has a noticeable scratch that impedes the ability to take a proper picture. Not sure what I can do there... or if I should bother, since the DS's have all been awful for any actual photography.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently bought a broken DS lite off of eBay for like $20, added a replacement housing and touchscreen (old one was scratched to hell) for about $10, and it's good as new.
Although this is a much safer purchase, I can't say it's cheaper than its official counterpart.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i got my ds about a few weeks ago for 22$ in good condition with a carrying case. its lower screen has some scratches, not so bad, i can live with that.

though when i compare its screen with my 3ds xl, it is surely not bright enough to play outside. hell it even looks darker than my gba sp ags 101.

i was told ds lite's screen brightness is much better though its hinges can be broken fairly easily.

so i thought this might be what i am looking for.

Reactions: jamespoo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: